gulf shores divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwelch_81

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be in Gulf Shores this weekend and would like to know any information on perdido pass jetties you could share with me. Also if anyone is interested in diving with me please pm me. If not I will have to solo or rent a dive master.

Thanks

Dive at high slack tide, dive the jetties on the west side of the pass. Bring a dive flag and have fun!

Also note that there will more than likely be heavy boat traffic this weekend (again, remember the flag!!). Just something to take into consideration...

I've noticed more and more boats each day as I have been going over the bridge in the afternoons this week.

:cheers:

CivilE

Great!!! I will be there Friday afternoon till Sunday at noon. Lets get a day and time set. I really don't know when the best time is but i was planing for Saturday and Sunday morning.

i might try to get out there and join everyone, always fun to meet and dive with new people.

OK, I don't know where the west side jetties are. How do I get there. And also are there any other good shore dives I should do while im there?
I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach.

from another thread:
  • Perdido Bridge Piers - 1st and 2nd columns on the East side of the bridge. Good parking, and should be able to unload your gear near the site, and then find a parking spot. Manditory dive flag as boat and fishing traffic will be high on the weekends and holidays. Dive on an incoming tide, and plan to be out of the water once the tide starts falling again.
  • Theo Barrs Bridge - Bridge that connects Perdido Key to the Pensacola Area and spans the industrial canal. I've dove the piers on the South side of the bridge. Same rules for diving tide-wise and dive flag-wise as the Perdido Bridge
  • Ft. Pickens - Your best bet. Same tide/flag rules, but there will be much more cool stuff to see. I've dove it 10 times, and still haven't seen all there is down there.
  • Gary's Gulf Divers - Runs a boat out of Orange Beach. He can give you good advice on local conditions, and has good prices on charters near and far. He also cooks a mean lunch, which is usually included in the charter.

Well.. I'm heading over there in a few min. Ill probably get in the water around 8:00 am. Maybe someone else will be there.

See ya there if ya coming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom