Crossfit and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPacDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any crossfitters out there? If so, how has the coaches program affected your diving?
For me, Other than hauling gear easier, I'm more mentally present in anything I do.

I Crossfit regularly. However I won't do the WOD unless I have a day or two recovery before diving. If I must exercise before diving it's more of a paced cardio session.

Awesome, where do you crossfit? Do you just follow the site?

I used to crossfit, until kipping pullups destroyed both of my shoulders. Not a big fan of crossfit anymore after 2 shoulder surgeries and one that needs to be done.

I used to crossfit, until kipping pullups destroyed both of my shoulders. Not a big fan of crossfit anymore after 2 shoulder surgeries and one that needs to be done.

Ditto on the Crossfit, except for me the injuries were more of a result of eight years of continual punishment in the Marines. Now I do RKC kettlebell which I find to give the same or better results than CF. It is also absolutely phenomenal for rehabilitating back and shoulder injuries. Slowly but surely the damage is being undone.

Jason

I'm not a big fan of Crossfit, though I do see the value (and honestly any exercise is absolutely better than no exercise, so whatever works that a person will do is always best IMO).

I do more traditional strength training/bodybuilding type routines with swimming 20 laps every workout day and running for cardio.

It's beneficial in a lot of ways to diving for me. Not just hauling gear, but endurance, core strength especially, etc.

And really, I just feel better all the time. I notice when I miss a workout for sure. Feel like crap for that day. :D

That's weird, were you at a crossfit gym or did you just do the workouts on your own?

That's weird, were you at a crossfit gym or did you just do the workouts on your own?

we used to have a guy at my highschool who was a certified crossfit instructor, he would always go on trips out to california for seminars. I was really into it at the time, probably more than anybody else in the school. I never missed a day until I had my first surgery. Now its been rehab and traditional strength training. I will be the first to admit I was in better shape in crossfit than I ever was, but it wasnt worth destroying my ability to play baseball in highschool.

Back
Top Bottom