Different Qualification Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrecks30

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After each new qualification do you get a new PADI card?

I am enrolled into the search and recovery course at the LDS and was just curious.

THANKS

For PADI, you'll get a C-card for every certification/speciality you get(pass). If you're active, you'll collect quite a few cards rather quickly.

they should consider issuing one card for a person in their system. A card that lists all that individuals certs. (kinda like the FAA Airman Certificate or USPA).

Then you would still end up with the same number of cards.

You would get OW that says OW.

After you did nitrox, you would get 1 that says OW and Nitrox.

After Advanced you would get 1 that says OW, ADV, Nitorx.

You still end up with the same number of cards, and you would still have to pay for each of them.

Eventually there would not be any room on the card to list your certs and other info (instructor for each cert). They would have to issue you a flip book of your cert cards or steadily increase the size of the card.

you can fit quite a bit on 1 card.

yes, you will end up with the same number of cards, but you will only need to carry the most current one with you :wink:

eta: If you're PADI, take a look at your card(s), how much room is there below "OPEN WATER DIVER" <or insert your cert here>??? does anyone really care about that picture? point is, there is plenty of room.

Then you would still end up with the same number of cards.

You would get OW that says OW.

After you did nitrox, you would get 1 that says OW and Nitrox.

After Advanced you would get 1 that says OW, ADV, Nitorx.

You still end up with the same number of cards, and you would still have to pay for each of them.

Eventually there would not be any room on the card to list your certs and other info (instructor for each cert). They would have to issue you a flip book of your cert cards or steadily increase the size of the card.

No you don't. My nitrox only says nitrox, my AOW only says AOW. You have to specially request (and pay for) a combo card.

No you don't. My nitrox only says nitrox, my AOW only says AOW. You have to specially request (and pay for) a combo card.

I think that's exactly what snowflake is getting at :wink:

you can fit quite a bit on 1 card.

yes, you will end up with the same number of cards, but you will only need to carry the most current one with you :wink:

eta: If you're PADI, take a look at your card(s), how much room is there below "OPEN WATER DIVER" <or insert your cert here>??? does anyone really care about that picture? point is, there is plenty of room.

You don't really need to carry more then two cards. I keep my AOW with my gear and carry my Nitrox. The Nitrox is for if I get a fill and the AOW is for if I need it.

Can you really pay PADI extra for a combo card? It's a pain having to carry a Nitrox card plus another card.

You don't really need to carry more then two cards. I keep my AOW with my gear and carry my Nitrox.

Get a tech card and you only need to carry ONE...

Ironically, tech diving clears out a lot of room in your wallet, so you would have plenty of room for more cards!

:D

Back
Top Bottom