Sharks, behaving BADLY...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
...is just NOT what you will see when you watch this video. In fact, out of the hundreds of sharks I've had the pleasure of diving with underwater, this little sweetie was one of the NICEST:

[vimeo]6156158[/vimeo]

If you are reading this post, watched this video and still don't want to dive the OCEANS sometime this summer (before it ends), PLEASE tell me what I can do to get you out of that quarry? :D

For those of you interested in shark diving, this sand tiger was about 8 FT long and rather thick, probably female. She was exceptionally friendly, actually moving to make contact with divers. She introduced herself to me by practically running me over from behind when I was doing video on the opposite side of the wreck. After I pointed the camera at her, she just kept coming and smiling.

And, yes, the dive location is Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, one of the BEST wreck diving destinations on the planet.

ENJOY!

Yes, nice video!!!

Great video. Nice looking shark and quite the entourage. I would not want to meet her if she were hungry and I was carrying dead fish, but she looked pretty well fed.

Nice! I found it fun too to watch the bubbles of the divers ... some of them seemed to be breathing a little fast, some didn't. I'd be breathing fast; she was darned cool. Sure had a lot of hitchikers too. I wonder if the drag of those remoras annoys her.

(It is 'she', by the way. Short square pelvic fins. Thanks for the opportunity to use a fact I *never* thought I'd use when I had to learn it in comparative anatomy)

...is just NOT what you will see when you watch this video. In fact, out of the hundreds of sharks I've had the pleasure of diving with underwater, this little sweetie was one of the NICEST:

[vimeo]6156158[/vimeo]

If you are reading this post, watched this video and still don't want to dive the OCEANS sometime this summer (before it ends), PLEASE tell me what I can do to get you out of that quarry? :D

For those of you interested in shark diving, this sand tiger was about 8 FT long and rather thick, probably female. She was exceptionally friendly, actually moving to make contact with divers. She introduced herself to me by practically running me over from behind when I was doing video on the opposite side of the wreck. After I pointed the camera at her, she just kept coming and smiling.

And, yes, the dive location is Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, one of the BEST wreck diving destinations on the planet.

ENJOY!

Jealous much??? :):)

Back
Top Bottom