new dive assist float

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I designed this for shore divers that hunt. It will be made in San Francisco. I will have them ready soon and you should start seeing them in dive shops that cater to those of us that hunt. Please let me know if you have any questions.
John Banks

Attachments

• nivenia corymbosa 002.jpg
    nivenia corymbosa 002.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 92
  • nivenia corymbosa 004.jpg
    nivenia corymbosa 004.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 98
  • nivenia corymbosa 009.jpg
    nivenia corymbosa 009.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 78
  • nivenia corymbosa 016.jpg
    nivenia corymbosa 016.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 103
  • nivenia corymbosa 013.jpg
    nivenia corymbosa 013.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 93
  • nivenia corymbosa 014.jpg
    nivenia corymbosa 014.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 66
It looks like a nice size stable plateform. I'd make a few suggestions to make it more cross marketable.
1) removeable plugs to seal the front and rear of the compartment when a speargun isn't inside.
2) change the handle and small d-rings on the sides to something more substancial to hold, tie or clip onto.
These would make the plateform more useful for surface support during skills training. I could foresee it holding a fold up anchor, extra weights, slates, snorkels, spare masks or a variety of other items.
3) LED lighting for surface visibility with some light aimed at the dive flag. (for night use)

While you may have designed it for hunters the most successful products can crossover into other target groups.
Of course pricing is always a factor.

While you may have designed it for hunters the most successful products can crossover into other target groups.
Of course pricing is always a factor.
Thanks or the suggestions - I'll think about those. It is self bailing so I don't see the point in plugging the gun slots.

I am going to market it to flats fishermen in the gulf states - wade fishermen and flounder giggers.

my market for the way it is displayed here is mostly northern caliornia and hawaii but Australia, Northeast U.S., socal and other places also could use it.

Last edited:
While I did have a sneaking suspicion about being able to drain it by just leaning on the back end my thought was to keep water going through minimized and keep smaller items stored inside from being washed out. Maybe a front plug and a rear screen of sorts would both control water entry and allow it to self bail. I'm sure that while towing it around you could feel the difference when the water level inside is higher and controlling this better would reduce the effort needed to swim. After all besides the weight in water it would also cause it to sit lower in the water increasing the drag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom