H2OBelow Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today was an inshore trip. The first dive was to the Pete's Tide. We had very little current and around 40 foot vis. The water is around 84 degrees. We had a number of students (Mike Day's MBT) on the boat and they were really solid divers. I saw a ton of frog fish of course and a pretty good size cowrie. I also noticed a memorial inside the wheel house but I didn't go in and read it. Anybody know anything about that? The other divers saw a shark but I didn't. I was under the bow playing with flounder. Mike Day was next to me and a flounder jumped up right in front of him. I don't mind telling you - he screamed like a twelve year old girl!:rofl3:

The second dive was on the Russian Freighter. The current was a little stronger and the vis was a little better. I immediately saw a ton of fish, three Octopus in separate locations and lots of tropicals. I was taking a picture of a grouper in the sand that was acting strange when about 30 feet in front of me, I see a shark. I dropped to my knees in the sand a sat there for a moment - thinking "Camera or knife". I can't swear to it but I thought I saw lines on it's side - "Tiger shark" I said to myself. It was coming right at me. I didn't have fish, so I got real still. It got to about 15 feet from me and other diver behind me came over. When the massive man eating Tiger Shark saw the other diver, he swam away. Everybody that saw it agreed that it was about 8-10 feet long but nobody else saw what kind of shark it was. My story is that it was a Tiger and I'm sticking to that.

I really wish I could have gotten it a few feet closer for a picture.

I would of put a knife in one hand and taking a picture with the other. :)
Remember never take your eyes off the shark so I guess a camera counts :uwphotographer:

Great report. Did you end up with a photo of the shark?

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 26
And maybe some video with you in the foreground? Are you feeling tempted? Look into my eyes......You are feeling....Persuaded!!!

What could be better than having TWO videographers in the water with you every weekend? Think of the advertising dollars you would save! (I'm available most Saturdays)

And maybe some video with you in the foreground? Are you feeling tempted? Look into my eyes......You are feeling....Persuaded!!!

He is one of those MIB's you know. :D It might not be wise to look into his eyes...

What could be better than having TWO videographers in the water with you every weekend? Think of the advertising dollars you would save! (I'm available most Saturdays)

:rofl3: Now Hetland is trying to pimp himself out as a photographer

Great report. You mentioned that you didn't have fish so you got very still. How would you have reacted if you did have fish? I'm just getting into spearfishing and I'm still a little unsure about how to react to those types of situations.

Get as big as you can, blow bubbles, and make alot of noise.

Don't give up your fish and don't be under the pretense that the shark is out to get you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom