Aggressor recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrperez

New
Reaction score
We are on limited time for an early November or early December dive vacation (one week). We're flying from California and considering the following Aggressor boats - Kona, Cayman Islands or Turks & Caicos. Very curious as to what others would pick of the three locations and whether it would be better to opt for day boats and staying on land at any of these sites (from what we've seen, we've considered staying on land in Kona and doing repeated Manta Ray night dives, but don't know if that's crazy).

Any input welcome!

I tried to organize a trip for 12 to the Turks and Caicos but as usual when it was time to pay they all backed out. That was my first choice as I want to dive that area. I have never dove (I know some of you don't consider that a word) with Aggressor but the sounded like a great outfit.

I have never dove (I know some of you don't consider that a word)
We all consider it a word...a word best used to refer to the white bird that symbolizes peace. :D

I have been on the Belize Aggressor twice and enjoyed both trips. It has been a few years though, and crews change and boats age, so you should take my recommendation with that caveat. I would opt for the Turks & Caicos trip--I have heard good things. But it would be better to get the opinion of somebody who's been there.

Goto: Google, type in "dive wiktionary", click on "dive-simple English". Your answer is there. "Dove" is past tense of dive, as is "dived". Your choice. I prefer "dove". To me, people who use the term "dived" remind me of those with a corncob.............Never mind.

Goto: Google, type in "dive wiktionary", click on "dive-simple English". Your answer is there. "Dove" is past tense of dive, as is "dived". Your choice. I prefer "dove". To me, people who use the term "dived" remind me of those with a corncob.............Never mind.
The only question anybody asked was about choosing among three Aggresssors.

Hey mrperez,

My son and I had a great time diving in Turks & Caicos in July. We used an excellent land operation, Caicos Adventures. We got in 2 or 3 great dives a day. Getting in 4 or 5 dives a day on one of the liveaboards would be fantastic, we did not find a lot to do while not diving though it was very relaxing. We saw both the Aggressor and the Explorer boats off West Caicos on numerous occassions. The liveaboards dive the same sites as the land operations but save all the travel time.

The many sharks seen on this trip made it really special for us YouTube - Old Shark and Big Shark Regardless which trip you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Good diving, Craig

Last edited:
I have done the Agressor in Belize and was impressed with the crew, boat, food and the diving. I have also spent a lot of time diving in the Turks and Caicos with Caicos Adventures who run an excellent day trip operation. Fifi knows and goes to all the best sites some that other do not do. If I had to pick a trip it would be the Turks over your other options.

Had a great trip on Cayman Aggressor not long ago. Best way to do the Caymans as it's really the only way to do all three islands.

I would opt for South Caicos. Stopped there for a few weeks in the process of delivering a sailboat to St. Thomas. We did our own diving trips with our trusty zodiac and had a blast. Watch out for the Brush (bathtub rum). Creeps up on ya. Nasty hangover!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom