Philippines trip recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks @bmag78. We'll probably save the threshers for another trip.... Was unsure about Moalboal since I've read it's "hectic", but I'm not against crowds if the experience is worth it. I haven't heard much about Anda, so I'll have to look into it. Thanks again.
I had a friend just left moalboal a few days ago. The sardines were there and the crowds weren't bad and diving superb.
Plus the sardines are a world class snorkel as well.

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback on Moalboal and the ferries! I think Moalboal might get added to the trip... Any recommendations for accommodations for Cabilao Island, Anda, or Panglao/Balicasag? Or perhaps, places to avoid?

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback on Moalboal and the ferries! I think Moalboal might get added to the trip... Any recommendations for accommodations for Cabilao Island, Anda, or Panglao/Balicasag? Or perhaps, places to avoid?

For panglao there's hundreds of places for all ranges and all within range of balicasag and the other sites on the West of panglao.
Sometimes I travel alone and I tend to stay right in alona beach for social reasons.
I stayed at one place called Alona Vida which is about a two and a half star place.
I also got an excellent deal on the Henan which is solid 5 star but smoking hot deals are available.
The north side of panglao island is suitable for groups or folks that might want a little bit more solitude.
Bohol Beach club is also nice with their own dive shop too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240219_165044_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240219_165044_Google.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 23
One more question.... Now considering two different diving/snorkeling/hiking itineraries (flying in/out of Cebu):
A: Southern Leyte + Camiguin (5 days in each)
B: Moalboal, Cabilao Island, Dauin/Siquijor/Apo Island (3-4 days each)

Both A and B would be 2-week holidays. B has only 2 spots to account for longer travel. Seeing healthy reefs is the major goal. For perspective, we've only been to Kauai, Maui, and Costa Rica. Would you choose option A or option B?
Thanks for all your help!

Plan C
Southern Leyte + Bohol + Cabilao.
There is a regular ferry from Bato in Leyte to Ubay in Bohol in the morning. Need to make arrangement from Ubay to either Alona Beach or Anda or Cabilao or Tagbilaran( tour to see Chocolate Hill and Tasier monkey).
Ferry does get cancel for reasons that you would least expect eg lack of passenger.

Plan D
Southern Leyte + Moalboal
You can easily travel from Southern Leyte to Moalboal by using public transport as long as you start early in the morning 07:00.

Sky the limit. Nothing is perfect.

Plan C
Southern Leyte + Bohol + Cabilao.
There is a regular ferry from Bato in Leyte to Ubay in Bohol in the morning. Need to make arrangement from Ubay to either Alona Beach or Anda or Cabilao or Tagbilaran( tour to see Chocolate Hill and Tasier monkey).
Ferry does get cancel for reasons that you would least expect eg lack of passenger.

Plan D
Southern Leyte + Moalboal
You can easily travel from Southern Leyte to Moalboal by using public transport as long as you start early in the morning 07:00.

Sky the limit. Nothing is perfect.
Thanks @Centrals!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom