PC Report for Aug 29 - Now with Pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went out with Dive Locker on Saturday to do some deep dives, but the offshore boat was having trouble, so we hopped on the inshore and headed out to dive the Liberty Ship. Weather was calm, sky was sunny, we even had a dolphin jumping out of the water in the pass on the way out! My goal was to try out my new digital camera, sealife DC1000. So far Im very happy with it.

DC1000_Housing_Camera.jpg

First dive was on the USS Grierson, one of many Liberty Ships sunk as artifical reefs. This was my first dive on it, so it was exciting to be seeing something new. Depth was about 80ft, viz about 20ft, so we didnt go to far from the anchor line. This wreck is big, so finding your way back in lower viz is more difficult. We head to the bow, checked out the life and snapped some pics. The wreck is cut off at the water line, so only about 5ft of relief, and the inside is filled with sand and mostly buried. Lots of bait fish.

SS_John_W_Brown.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

PICT0042.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

PICT0054.jpg

We had a remora try to attach to us while getting out of the water, including a baby one about 6in long. The big one was about 2 ft. I had the camera still set for the bottom, so its redder than usual. With viz low, the captain took us way out west to Bridgespan 14 where the viz was reported better. We werent dissappointed as it turned out to be abotu 60ft, which makes all the difference. It turns a boring bridge dive into something exciting. We were able to swim away from the span and check out some things you dont normally see. There were catfish swarms everywhere off in the sand, and we found a mantis shrimp, hermit crab, and lots of the usual tropicals. There was also a batfish and goliath on the span.

PICT0065.jpg

PICT0080.jpg

PICT0105.jpg

PICT0119.jpg

Rest of pics at Pictures by jviehe - Photobucket A great day of diving. We stopped at Cave Adventures on the way home to pick me up some Dive Rite gear and check out Jackson Blue. Theres a couple pics in the album of that as well.

Thanks for the report and the pictures. It was my first time with Dive Locker and on a boat with so many divers, I was pleased with how well they handled the group. It's nice to see the photos on Monday...now back to work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom