Rare SATURDAY dive with DebbyDiver! Sea Experience II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am so darned excited to have to work this Friday, with Saturday off, that I booked a rare Saturday dive off Fort Lauderdale! Anyone who wants to join me is welcome to, just book direct with Sea Experience II. Times, location (Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale), phone number (954-770-DIVE), prices, rental prices, etc. are right on their website. Their schedule is showing the Tracy, a very pretty and photogenic wreck at 70', followed by a 30' reef drift. Capt. Bill Cole knows where the really beautiful reefs are so I hope you'll come on out and join me for a rare, fun Saturday morning dive! :D

Debby, were you able to dive tenneco towers friday, just wondering how
conditions were ? If I work a half day friday I sometimes get over there for a
morning dive but if I have a long day friday it's usually an afternoon trip.
I'll keep this one in mind. Coming from the other side these fort lauderdale
charters are a pretty easy drive. tenneco tower report ?

Oh, you had to ask, didn't you? The current was SOOOO wicked that we ended up having to do it as a drift dive. The first drop, my buddy and I were carried past it before we could even get down to it (she was underweighted). We came back up, she put more weight on, and for the second drop we absolutely blew right by it, it was 30 yards to the West of us and we simply couldn't get over there. (I'll be honest, if I was diving solo I probably would have made it, but I didn't want to do that to her.) The other teams were able to get to it and they said the current was just wicked.

The second dive was a shallow reef drift just north of the port on an incredibly fascinating reef full of caves and undercuts. No bugs, though. A good time was had by all and I'm trying to get a dive in with Sea Experience every week until the water gets too cold for this warm water wimp.

WATER WIMP!
The best diving is in January, February, and March down here!
I get most of my bugs then.
We have the sea to ourselves then.
(I will most likely be camping with my son this weekend.)
Chug

Hey Debby, one good dive out of two isn't all that bad, beats working !
I called sea experience today just to check there schedule and I see
they just do morning trips. 9:00 departure is nice allows a little extra time.
I'm still undecided for the weekend, it's suppose to get just a bit cooler next
week so I'm thinking this should be a good weekend. I'll decide by friday and
if I do make it I'll see ya on the boat !

I hope you can join me! :)

Hey Debbie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY:kiss2::kiss2:

Thank you John!!!!! :D

Debby, I talked with sea experience today and it sounds like I should have no
problem getting a spot on the boat. Got off work early so should be able to
make it over a bit early and check in. If I'm not there I slept in but I've got
tanks ready and just gotta make it happen !

I am VERY sorry to report that I have a SCREAMING ear infection and my doctor told me I absolutely, positively can not dive tomorrow. I was SO looking forward to it, my camera is ready to go and he's diving the photogenic wreck of the Tracy. I hope you have a great time...I apologize for not going but I am really, really sick. :depressed::depressed::depressed:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom