Daughter's first OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

msg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This past weekend, my 11 year old daughter did her first open water dives. She did well, from what her instructor said. I had my own group to deal with, so I didn't get to dive with her. Sunday, I did get to spend a couple of minutes with her group at the end of her second dive. It was pretty cool to see her diving for the first time. WOW, the time is flying, she was so little awhile ago. I guess dad is getting old.:D

Cherish the time with your daughter, they grow up quickly and have beautiful grandkids!

Congratulations on her first dives. Take your time and don't push it. Most of all, have fun and be safe.

Congratulations to your daughter, and have a lot of fun sharing the underwater world with her!

This past weekend, my 11 year old daughter did her first open water dives. She did well, from what her instructor said. I had my own group to deal with, so I didn't get to dive with her. Sunday, I did get to spend a couple of minutes with her group at the end of her second dive. It was pretty cool to see her diving for the first time. WOW, the time is flying, she was so little awhile ago. I guess dad is getting old.:D

They do tend to grow up fairly quick----enjoy this time together, it won't be the same in a few......

Thats cool. Congrats.. My daughter will be 16 this year.. She is still my little girl.. Hope she doesnt see this, I will be in trouble.

This past weekend, my 11 year old daughter did her first open water dives. .............WOW, the time is flying, she was so little awhile ago. I guess dad is getting old.:D

I can relate to that, mine turns 12 this weekend and has been showing an inordinate interest in diving.

Congrats to your daughter!

Wow. I remember my daughter first learning to dive and how I needed to watch her so very closely. Now she's a DM like her dad. Again...Wow.

Good for you.

My eldest daughter was about 13 when she took me up on my offer to provide her with scuba lessons. She got as far as the chapter in the PADI book that talks about how your lungs can rupture if you hold your breath, in fact her highlighting stopped right at that sentence.

She tearfully told me that Scuba diving wasn't for her. Of course I tried my best to dissuade her fears in regard to the subject of that chapter as well as sharks and everything else that was bothering her, but to no avail.

Neither one of my 2 daughters has ever had the passion for the outdoors as I have had, and it's one of my life's disappointments.

Enjoy the diving with your daughter. I'm envious.

Congratulations to her! She's lucky to have a dad to dive with. I got my certification at 16 and my parents are afraid to dive, plus I don't have any siblings!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom