practiced skills in a pool yesterday..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikwho

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have not taken the time to just practice skills since i got certified in '98. I have been in a pool for pool work for other classes, but i just tagged along with an instructor i know that was doing a scuba skills refresher. Just practiced all of my skills and fin pivots for about an hour! My comfort level shot through the roof! I almost didn't go, but i'm super glad that i did! Can't wait to get wet again in two weeks. It's so hard to find time to dive now that i moved to Az! Groing up in San Diego, I would always just go dive on a whim. Its a lot harder now! more work to keep my comfort level up!

. . . It's so hard to find time to dive now that i moved to Az! Groing up in San Diego, I would always just go dive on a whim. Its a lot harder now! more work to keep my comfort level up!

I feel your pain!!! Have you looked up the group "Southwest Sand Sharks"? They dive in Lake Pleasant, in Phx.

At least you are near a lake! :crying:

Kudos to you for spending the time to practice skills! If you are comfortable doing these things in shallow water, you'll be far more confident when you hit salt water, especially if you don't get the chance to do it as often as you would like.

I wish more people would do this.

Back
Top Bottom