Marathon Key Trip Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaberman1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Although I lived in south florida for most of my life and regularly dive there, I regrettably, have not done too much diving near the keys. A family vacation prompted me to jump on the idea of a keys trip (i know selfish) and we are staying in Marathon from Dec 26-Jan 30. If anyone can suggest marathon charters, or charters close to Marathon, that are technical friendly and likes to check out some of the relatively deeper wrecks, please pass that info along!

Thanks again,

Zach

There aren't many choices in Marathon. The few that I've encountered are Captain Hooks, Abyss, Tildens, and Deep Blue. There are a few other places that I don't have any experience with, nor can I remember their names off hand...

None that I'm really aware of are tech oriented. The only deeper wreck I'm aware of is the Thunderbolt.

Further UP in Tavernier and Key Largo are Conch Republic Divers, whom I've had great experiences with several times, and Silent World, (whom I've never worked with, but they get a lot of good press on this site) Both of those ops are tech friendly, you should give them a shout as well.

Good luck!

Where the heck is Marathon Key....???

You might also drive a wee bit further south and dive Looe Key.

We are also staying at Indigo Reef Resort...

Btw...nice place! they have a salt water pool! WE had some friend stay there a few years back....

Conch Republic Divers, ask for Capt. Gary. Very tech friendly, CCR, doubles, deep dives. Google for the website and calendar of scheduled dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom