Nemrod Snark III great condition... anyone ever see one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

down130

Contributor
Reaction score
I ran across this the other day and bought it. It is a Nemrod Snark 3 reg. It also came with an old tank that he said was originally bought with it. The tank said Nemrod on it, but I have never heard of a "Nemrod" tank. This reg is in great condition, no dry rot on the hoses (original hoses still on it), mouthpeice is in great condition, still works, etc. Can anyone tell me what this guy might be worth? Pictures attached.

Attachments

• photo-7.jpg
    photo-7.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 244
  • photo-6.jpg
    photo-6.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 207
  • photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 244
  • photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 197
I also have the Nemrod "Seamless" Steel tank with the original backplate and sticker too.

I have seen lots of Snarks but never one in such fine condition. As to its value, wow, I would have no idea, but as a set (tank, backplate and reg) I am sure it will appeal to a collector.

I think that is actually Nemrod's equipment-you might want to give it back to him.

Wow! That one looks in great shape.

I have one that I need to rebuild and dive it.

I have never actually dived a Nemrod, but I hear that they perform very well.

There is no set value for them. They vary a lot depending on the condition and who is interested on buying them. They are not rare on this side of the pond, but of course they are not as common as the US Divers, etc. Of course in Spain they are fairly common.

Parts are not as easy to obtain, but some collectors in Spain do have access to some parts.

You should post it in the vintage diving section and in the vintage message board (VintageDoubleHose.com or VintageScubaSupply.com) if you want more information.

If you do decide to dive it, be aware that diving double hose regulators is a lot of fun and very addictive. You may end up buying many more… some say that it can become an obsession to some. :D

Good luck

.....I'm not a professional collector, but I actually do own TWO of those regs.......one looks like yours, very good shape and includes the factory SPG too.....also, I have a VERY late model version, produced in the mid-late '90's, in mint divable condition, that even has both HP and LP hose connection ports.....so it can be used with a modern BC inflator hose...modern octo...and SPG/computer.....this unit with all it's modern accessories was sold to me for $ 800 total a few years ago......BTW, I also have a pair of Voit Trieste II's, one of which is new-in-original-box.

After the US Divers Aqua Master two hose regulator was discontinued the Navy used the Nemrod Snark for SEAL scuba training until the mid 90's when Aqua Lung made a new double hose regulator, the Mentor, just for the Navy that is now in service. Nice regulator you have

That one looks better than mine. Check the diapharam and exhaust, mine was still perfect, then check the relief and intermediate pressures and its good to go. The pool check was great once the intermediate pressure was right, now I'm getting a J Valve operating properly so I can take it out for a real test.

I like mine better since its the same one I learned to Dive on in '63.

Take up Vintage Diving you will love it.

Bob

Lucky Find! so jealous...

It's only worth about $5. But it's close to Christmas so I'll pay you twice what it is worth. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom