Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divnchuck

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going to Key Largo in June does anyone have any reccomendations on a boat and a place to stay.

well i work at captain slates atlantis dive center i am glad to hear that you want to come down to the keys and we can hook you up on a great place to stay and a great place to dive call us any time at 305-451-3020 i will be happy to answer any questions you have my name is kris

I did my AOW with Rainbow Reef Dive Center a few years back; they're out of Key Largo and also Islamorada, or at least they were; a few years ago. I can't think of a bad thing to say about them. Nice to have a wider selection of dive sites especially if you're going to be there a while. Of course there's nothing to say that you have to make every dive with the same Op. Check their schedules. Do the Spiegel Grove.

I stayed in the Ramada at MM 100. It's almost impossible to find a hotel that won't give you a discount in combination with a dive package.

MM stands for MileMarker which makes Keys navigation really easy.

Thanks for the nice words, Steve. We are no longer out of Islamorada and all three of our boats are now in Key Largo.

There are many, many places to stay and dive in Key Largo depending on your needs as a diver and what kind of accommodations you need. Do some calling around for prices on diving (don't forget to mention what gear you need, it makes a difference), guide requirements (some offer free guides), and what service the shop provides (is it a ride out to the reef and they leave you be or do you want a more full service experience?)

Bottom line, in my opinion, there really are not bad dive operations down here and most have agreements with local hotels for package deals. Do some searching on "Key Largo" or even check Trip Advisor.com for some recommendations!

I did my check out dives and have been back a few times to silent world. They run a friendly helpful operation. there are plenty places to stay. holiday inn , marina del mar. just to name a few have fun and good luck

I just did my AOW at BlueWater Divers I realy like Eric and Christi. I think they were great, small boat, and personal service. Give then a look.
Tom

Silent World for charter... rec and tech friendly. Great operator.

Places to stay... Key West Inn, The Pelican and Seafarer Hotel

Key West Inn is the nicer of the 3... the other 2 are decent and cost effective and diver friendly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom