Ft Lauderdale Free Dive Spearfishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TeqSun69

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey there. just joined the Board. I'm looking for the best/closest place to put my 16' zodiac in to the reefs off ft lauderdale beach. I'm also looking for someone to go with. Any other local shallow water spear spots and access points would be GREATLY appreciated! :D Thanks!

REALLY...? NOT A SINGLE REPSPONSE OR HELPFUL TIP FROM ANYBODY? I THOUGHT THIS BOARD WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FULL OF INFO AND FRIENDLY DIVERS AND A "COMMUNITY" OF FRIENDS? :confused: SO FAR I'M NOT REALLY FEELING THAT "FRIENDLY" VIBE I WAS HOPING FOR...? ANYBODY? :snorkel2:

Well, you are asking for spearing spots. I get the feeling you will have better chances of success if you ask to take the spear-fishermen's wife to bed.... but don't make them give up their spots.

I don't know if a 16' zodiac requires a boat ramp or if you can drag it down the sand. There used to be a place to launch Hobie Cats, the Ft. Lauderdale strip a few 100 yards north of the big parking lot north of the Yankee Clipper.

Not trying to be friendly here.... last thing I need is to ruin my reputation.

im not from that area but if you go onto spearboard and post this in the east coast section im shure someone can help you out.

You can't launch a motorized boat from the beach. JLloyd park is just south of the inlet with a boat ramp. I used to have a 14' achilles, going out the inlet is interesting, with big boat after big boat throwing a 3-4 ft wake. When they combine and bounce back off the jetty, you're really in for fun. Pray your motor doesn't conk out.

Once you're out of the inlet there are reefs that run parallel to shore, a rubble reef about 150 yds off shore and the first of three reef lines about 1/4-1/2 mile offshore. Get a big dive flag and a long pole to mount it on.

how true, hot spots are sure to be prized and well guarded.... on that note, any spearos w/ a cute wives wanna keep the spot and loan out the wife? :D

You can't launch a motorized boat from the beach. JLloyd park is just south of the inlet with a boat ramp. I used to have a 14' achilles, going out the inlet is interesting, with big boat after big boat throwing a 3-4 ft wake. When they combine and bounce back off the jetty, you're really in for fun. Pray your motor doesn't conk out.

Once you're out of the inlet there are reefs that run parallel to shore, a rubble reef about 150 yds off shore and the first of three reef lines about 1/4-1/2 mile offshore. Get a big dive flag and a long pole to mount it on.

I'll be heading out this tuesday - Lord and weather willing. working a half day and headin' out for some fun. I'll let you know how it goes... thanks for the reply! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom