Tomb Raider Dive Toys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just think the thing looks like a bit of a huge accident waiting to happen, myself. If you use it like they do in the pics, then thats your air supply as well. So you basically have to go where it goes or you're not breathing. In that link i posted they say you can do loops - well, what about your ears?

Looks like it was thought about by james bond afficionados, not divers.

steve

...looks kinda cool, but it also looks like he's humping the machine.

another negative aspect is the weight...280LBS (127kg) Fully configured.

You'd need two people to carry it to the entry point

Oh yeah, I can just see it, you ride this down to 80 FSW, bomb around for 10 - 15 min. your dive profile looking like a roller coaster ride. Then just zip up to the surface. OOPS was my ascent rate a little too fast, Oh well theirs a chamber near by, and besides he who dies with the most toys wins,,,right?

I have no doubt that a few "bullet proof" individuals will be bragging about how the did this and that with the DPV. Until that one day that they tickled the dragon once too often and ended up 6 feet under with no shoes.

I just watched a thing on the making of tomb raider...there was nothgin else on for 10 minutes while I was wiating for my show to start.....They showed this thing, but all the footage was of it on a track with them riding it. They must have put the water in durring post production, heh.

WORST movie I have ever seen. Worse than the first one.

Trailers were better though - sucked me in to forking out and watching it.

Scuba sequences are appalling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom