What about solo dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvrdown

Registered
Reaction score
I do some solo diving, and put them in my log but I got no one to sign them. When I do go with people, nobody seem to sign each other's log books. Are the sigs important to for further certification (ie do they count if they are not signed?)

If you are concerned about signatures in your log, you shouldn't be diving solo. You obviously are far short of the experience level where you can make solo diving reasonably safe.

Walter once bubbled...
If you are concerned about signatures in your log, you shouldn't be diving solo.

Thats right, go find a buddy!

Thats great, however my question was not addressed. I am sure I am not the only solo diver in the world. I believe that debate belongs in anther thread. I just wanted to know how other divers approach the signature section of the dive log. Please don't respond if you do not what to naswer my question. Thanks.

No you're not the only solo diver, I wouldn't worry about the jackasses that feel the need to put you down for it, without even the courtesy to answer your post (you can be sure most of them solo dive from time to time also) zeN||

I mostly teach and have my students sign the log.

When on vacation I will usually log the dive and have the divemaster on the boat sign the log even if I am with a friend.

I have not done a solo dive per say in a number of years ,however,I use the code name of "Mike Nelson"(Seahunt Fame) as my buddy and sign with my non - writing hand.

Ron

dvrdown once bubbled...
Thats great, however my question was not addressed. I am sure I am not the only solo diver in the world. I believe that debate belongs in anther thread. I just wanted to know how other divers approach the signature section of the dive log. Please don't respond if you do not what to naswer my question. Thanks.

I've been sort of off and on working on designing myself custom log pages that have the information *I* want on them. One of the checkboxes on these are "Solo". As well as having a specific place for the breathing mix(es).

James

There is absolutely no reason to ever get a logbook signed. If you are so new to diving that a signature in your logbook is an issue then you can not possibly have enough experience to be diving solo safely. Feel free to take responsibility for your own actions and risk your life unnecessarily. Feel free to get angry because some people try to make you think and save your own life as a result of not making such ill informed decisions. Morally, I've done my part, you are not my responsibility. Enjoy your solo dives, I wish you well.

Walter once bubbled...
There is absolutely no reason to ever get a logbook signed. If you are so new to diving that a signature in your logbook is an issue then you can not possibly have enough experience to be diving solo safely. Feel free to take responsibility for your own actions and risk your life unnecessarily. Feel free to get angry because some people try to make you think and save your own life as a result of not making such ill informed decisions. Morally, I've done my part, you are not my responsibility. Enjoy your solo dives, I wish you well.

...So true! Zen you didnt answer the question either:D I've never went solo, and Im not here to lecture you (but I recomend you dont do it). What Iam saying is that if the petty detail of a log book signiture preocupies you the yyou certenly dont have the experiance to be doing more advanced diving including solo. I MAYBE w/ proper training solo diving does have its place but from the small amount of info we can gather by your post, I have to recomend you wait a few more month.
Dont bother w/ the signitures, no one really cares about em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom