SR1 Service Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DKB01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was wondering if anyone knows Sherwood's policy on service parts for the SR1?

The way I read the manual it looks like annual service "parts" are covered for life. My LDS charged me $35 for the service parts at my first service/inspection. They say they have no knowledge of "free" parts on this Reg.

Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone knows Sherwood's policy on service parts for the SR1?

The way I read the manual it looks like annual service "parts" are covered for life. My LDS charged me $35 for the service parts at my first service/inspection. They say they have no knowledge of "free" parts on this Reg.

Thanks!

Have them call their distributor (which is PSI for the South East). If you are the first owner, then the parts are covered according to the update I did last Tuesday :). There is a website that dealers can access to log the service to check the service history of the regulator and to log the work done to get credit for the parts. This only applies to Sherwood dealers.

Maybe the shop is not a Sherwood dealer, or was unaware of the program. The first I had heard of the change was this year, which is the 2nd time I have taken the training for servicing the SR1 - This is different from Sherwood’s previous program, and it was not emphasized/covered in the training at DEMA a few years ago. It was better covered in the full day update provided locally.

Keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom