Where to buy dried ogo on Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KiiY

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Do any of you know where I can buy dried ogo on Oahu?

Noh Foods sells the poke mix packs that you can buy at Longs and most supermarkets, but it looks like they also sell just the dried ogo in bigger quantities: hwn pake in okinawa: NOH freeze dried ogo...

Visiting Oahu from Monday June 7 and hoping to get some ogo while I'm there. Can't find the same thing in Japan even though they sell all sorts of other seaweed here.

-Kevin

ps- Planning to dive Sharks Cove on June 9. First time and can't wait!

you might want to try China town - all food stores sell some kind of dry stuff and if they don't have it, they might be able to tell you who has it :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion! Chinatown may very well have some.

Got into town on Monday and looked around at Longs and Safeway but couldn't find just the dried ogo, so I called Noh Foods this morning. They said Marukai sells it, but they're a membership shopping club and I'm not a member... So Noh said they'll make a couple of packs up and I can pick them up in a few days.

Now I'll be able to make poke back in Japan. :D

ps- Shark's Cove got postponed. Bummer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom