Can someone tell me what the heck this is all about?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
http://www.gue.com/classroom/gue-ideology.html

Towards the 2nd half of the page.

Why is there a picture of a GUE instructor holding on to the wreck?

What the heck is going on here? This is suppose to be a GUE isntructor leading a tour. Aren't they the ones who have the skills to stay off of the bottom? Or does this infer that you must hold on to the wreck to do wreck diving? Or worse yet, that you need no bouyancy or trim skills at all to wreck dive?

jepuskar once bubbled...
http://www.gue.com/classroom/gue-ideology.html

Towards the 2nd half of the page.

Why is there a picture of a GUE instructor holding on to the wreck?

What the heck is going on here? This is suppose to be a GUE isntructor leading a tour. Aren't they the ones who have the skills to stay off of the bottom? Or does this infer that you must hold on to the wreck to do wreck diving? Or worse yet, that you need no bouyancy or trim skills at all to wreck dive?

That's like all masks on the foreheads on the halcyon site, heh. Actually, i'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it looks like he's kinda wedged in there. Maybe he's pulling himself thru as not to bash the tank valve on the top...or maybe he just wanted to show off his schnazzy dry gloves.

Maybe he's trimmed to be horizontal and he had to hold onto the wreck to get vertical. :wink:

I'm sure that I could find lots of things to nitpick at in any agency's publicity stuff.

It looks like he is neutral but just touching the railing. I'm sure that guy probably has great bouyancy.

There may be a decent current/surge and he is holding the wreck to stay in frame for the picture. This is what I would guess anyway. I've been on a couple of wrecks where you had to hold on to the wreck occasionally or the strong current/surge would bang you into the wreck pretty hard.

I guess the posts are pretty similar but the pictures aren't. First off pull and glide is a lagit technique. That's using our hands,BTW, not our feer. He is still horizontal so he can easily get to another member of his team if he should need to.

Too me there's a difference between puting a hand on something to pull or for reference in a current and laying all over the bottom like you're afraid to leave it.

Or like O-ring said....he might just think he's in a cave. LOL

It seems like you missed the stuff that made me look twice though.

jepuskar once bubbled...
EZ, I disagree.....I bet his training agency let him down.
The GUE guy in the pic isn't doing anything wrong in terms of bouyancy.

You failed to notice one thing he is doing that is odd...

ElectricZombie once bubbled...

The GUE guy in the pic isn't doing anything wrong in terms of bouyancy.

You failed to notice one thing he is doing that is odd...

That his light is in his right hand?

jonnythan once bubbled...

That his light is in his right hand?
Yep. If his buddy was OOG, he would blind them when donating his primary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom