Mask Removal Drill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
jepuskar once bubbled...
Here is me practicing my mask removal skill.
Don't you just love the quarry water?

hehehe

You call that water? I'd call that soup.

I guess sometimes you've just gotta get wet.

It is 30 minutes away from home, and more importantly, when you dive in that all the time and then go to a place as nice as yours...

we tend to appreciate it more.

I always want to bring back a native Caribbean dive master and stick them in a 7mm/hood/gloves and have them feel a nice 45 degree dive at 70 feet with 5 foot viz and see how they do..hehehe

:D

I'm flying out on vacation tomorrow. I'll be visiting family including 8 week old niece and nephew twins.

Hmmm. Wonder what the viz is like in Lake Jocassee lately?

Nothing wrong with that vis.
Must be 5-10 feet at least.

I am lucky to get 5-10 inches of vis on most of my dives.:eek:ut:

Thanks for sharing the video.

Do you think I wanted to post the crappiest outake I did during that video shot....umm no...lolol :D

That was the best one. One I started at 20 foot, kept my mask off for an extended period of time and by the time I finished clearing it...I was at 10' and ofcourse my buddy followed me the whole trip.. :)

But hey, that was practice is for....definetly needs more practice.

Thanks though for the compliment.

Jason
It would be worthwhile pulling your hair back when you replace your mask, you seem to have alot caught under the skirt, this will of course cause your mask to leak.

pipedope once bubbled...
Nothing wrong with that vis.
Must be 5-10 feet at least.

I am lucky to get 5-10 inches of vis on most of my dives.:eek:ut:

Thanks for sharing the video.

5 inches! We dream of 5 inch visibilty....:eek:ut:

Thanks for the comments...my hair is really long, for me anyway..usually this is not a problem.

I was really concentrating on my bouyancy without the mask, but I do see what you mean after looking at the video again....

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom