Morrison Springs Dive Report 9-17-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today (9-17-10), Denisegg, GlenFWB, and I met at Morrison Springs for a couple dives. Today was Glen’s first time back diving after a little hiatus and I was glad to see him back in the water again. The water levels at Morrison were the lowest I think I have ever seen. The platform was at 10 ffw and the log was at 20 ffw on one side and 18 ffw on the other. We were the first ones there and the water was as clear as clear gets. Our first dive was really just a shake-out dive to let Denise and Glen get reacquainted with their sidemount gear. I ran a reel into the side cavern and checked things out a bit and then putzed around in the basin for a dive lasting 45 minutes. We then got out and enjoyed our hour surface interval enjoying the beautiful weather and making our plans for dive number two. Once our hour passed, we geared back up and this time made a B-line for the main cavern. This was my first time in the main cavern and I was really impressed. It was a big room and it was great to have three of us in there with canister lights so it was really lit up. I explored around until I hit 1/6ths and then we made a slow ascent back up. From there we went into the side cavern in the lower section and came back out in the upper section. From there we made our way to our agreed upon long safety stop and then surfaced with a dive lasting 57 minutes with a max depth of 83 ffw. From there we made a B-line to Sally’s for chopped steak and sour cream and chives fries :thumbs_up:. It was great to meet up with Denise and Glen and get in some fun dives and finally get into the main cavern at Morrison Springs :dance3:.

Glen took some pics so hopefully he will post some here.

It really was awesome!! I don't believe I have ever seen Morrisons so beautiful. I decided after last Friday's success with a single tank and sleeveless 3ml on a shore dive I might as well at least try the drysuit and sidemount, even if I decided not to venture into the cavern. The first dive we tweaked gear and checked bouyancy and trim and by the end of the first dive I felt comfortable trying the cavern. How awesome to go to 84ft deep with no problems! It was truly amazing to be back in full gear and have no problems!
This was such a blessed day! Everything just came into place and what an awesome dive for my 250th!!

Great write-up. Sounds like loads of fun!
I'm so ready for tomorrow.

Glenn lets see some pics!

cypressknees.jpg

beach.jpg

cypresstree.jpg

KneesFlash.jpg

pavillion.jpg

platform.jpg

run.jpg

Walteralone.jpg

Posting Diving Pictures Next

Very nice series Glen! I like the one with tank on the bottom. Those are neat setups!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom