NAUI Cave I course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveMD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone interested in taking NAUI cave I? I need to find at least one other person to take the course with me.

The course does not require cavern cert, it ranks somewhere between apprentice to cave and full cave and is a 4 day course. It will likely be split into two weekends.

How does NAUI Cave I rank between apprentice and full cave in only 4 days? To get through apprentice cave from open water diver status takes a minimum of 6 days.

How does NAUI Cave I rank between apprentice and full cave in only 4 days? To get through apprentice cave from open water diver status takes a minimum of 6 days.

It obviously assumes we are all born with at least an Apprentice to Cave already in our DNA. No need to waste time on all that lowly Cavern and Intro training.:D

Cavern is not a pre-req, neither is intro to cave

however, it is strongly advised that you have at least some formal technical training prior to signing up...not very likely to pass the course otherwise

It obviously assumes we are all born with at least an Apprentice to Cave already in our DNA. No need to waste time on all that lowly Cavern and Intro training.:D

I don't know about you, but cave diving is encoded into my DNA :D

The double helix is actually cave line!

The training is intense. I took it having finished Intro many, many years ago. I still need to do full cave. :D

i realized there was a typo in my first post, it's 5 days. But that is also assuming perfect conditions and skilled/experienced participants. However 7 days(as mentioned in the link) is a possibility working with people who barely meet the pre-req's and are very eager to do what is necessary to complete the course.

This course is with Chris Richardson (cerich) that runs Edge/HOG

Chris is a good guy. I dove with one of his classes, filling in for a student that called the class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom