not my favorite dive trip....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mpittman

Reaction score
I guess I qualify for the pansy of the week award.
called my dive partner 9 am this morning , met up at his house at 10:30 waited around for an hour on his little bro and nephew till 11:30 . took out in 2 vehicles to rendevous at our designated launch ramp.... except little bro and nephew went to the wrong one. so my partner leaves me with his boat tied to shore for 2 more hours while he goes and tracks down those two. in the meantime i get bored and snorkle around the launch to keep cool.
we finally track down the missing 2 divers and take out in the boat to meet them on the other end of the lake.
finally at 3 in the afternoon we our on our way to the dive site. lo and behold we pull in and anchor down it starts storming. now i dont have a problem with rainy dives... but i prefer rain thats above absolute zero , and some form of exposure suit since there is NO place to dry out from diving.
anyways somewhere between the marina and the rainstorm I develop one of my prize winning weak dizzy vomit-fest headaches , and decide to dive anyways.
I get to spend 15 minutes under the water (as opposed to just being pelted to death by it) and discover (OH BOY) my ancient pacer 960 XLE likes to freeflow like mad at depth , in my mouth , anytime i go somewhat inverted.
I sign my partner that im experiencing tech problems , we both surface , I show him my new air powered on-board geyser , and tell him to partner up with the other two im swimming back to the boat.
some days ya just oughta set one foot down out of bed , pull it back in bed , and scrub the day. I'm still alive , and im still chuckling down deep inside at the horrendous luck , but this has to be my worst dive trip yet.

Soon, this will become your favorite story to tell at parties...

I had worse man...

better luck next time :)

Back
Top Bottom