SR-1 leaking at joint on 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peacock62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My SR-1 is leaking air at a joint that is covered with a Black plastic ring. It is making a whistling sound... the rubber cover for the air chamber is distended quite a bit. Anything I can do to resolve this. My last dive was 2 weeks ago. 100' Max depth, water a balmy 42° , total time 65 minutes. No problems. Preparing for a dive Sunday and problem popped up.

Peacock62,
Please take the regulator into any authorized dealer and they will get it inspected/repaired. You will need your proof of purchase from an authorized dealer.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

Thanks for your reply. I spoke to my lds. He thinks it is a blown seat. Thoughts on his diagnosis ? This is a new replacement for my 1st sr-1 purchased in 08. I have about 50 dives on this since July. My 1st SR was serviced once and a similar problem occurred. The DS replaced the entire 1st stage. I'm concerned about a reoccurring issue. Time to switch? ??

Peacock62,
We would need to inspect it to get the proper diagnosis. Is may be something as simple as a loose saddle and may just need to be tightened but may be the seat. To alleviate any concerns about a reoccurring issue, please have your LDS contact us direct. If needed, we can walk them through an evaluation and testing to ensure proper function. No, we do not think it is time to switch but it is time to get your SR1 functioning so you are comfortable. Thanks again for your purchase and your comments.
Team Sherwood

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom