Sherwood SR-1 "Problems" - request for first-hand experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some pics of the used SR 2 second stage and the size of the first stage.
the second double adjustments, seems complicated but pretty simple, easy to set the cracking pressure to .8~ and seems stabile, very light.
View attachment 717072
metal orifice that floats is a good design idea, works well with ample lube
View attachment 717073

its about the same overall size as the MK 17 but slimmer, it has a swivel but I would love it if they offered a fixed end cap like the atomic Z, they didn’t seem to receptive to the idea :wink:
View attachment 717075
pretty hefty but yokes will do that.

View attachment 717074
internally the second stages are the same, I haven’t taken the SR2 first apart but the internals look to be the same. I’ll put A DIN on it after the trip and keep working it.

Are they borrowing their design from Atomic regulators?

Are they borrowing their design from Atomic regulators?
That’s what first caught my eye, it’s a really good looking reg, at first sight. The SR1 came out in or around 2008 so Atomic was well established by then.
as axxel57 points out internally it’s innovative.

the second stage also showed its own innovation, perhaps @axxel57 cap post that schematic too?

That’s what first caught my eye, it’s a really good looking reg, at first sight. The SR1 came out in or around 2008 so Atomic was well established by then.
as axxel57 points out internally it’s innovative.

the second stage also showed its own innovation, perhaps @axxel57 cap post that schematic too?
Sure......

Attachments

• SR2 2nd Stage Schematics.pdf
    394.7 KB · Views: 68
Sure......
Interesting that the “C” clip is not on this drawing but my new SR 2 has it. I recall someone posting about a broken clip and having a hose issue but after getting inside the seconds (one sr1 doesn’t have a clip and it’s fine) it appears to only serve as a limiter for the adjuster (#17) as it’s completely inside part 36. I really like the floating orifice and this external adjustment.

Interesting that the “C” clip is not on this drawing but my new SR 2 has it. I recall someone posting about a broken clip and having a hose issue but after getting inside the seconds (one sr1 doesn’t have a clip and it’s fine) it appears to only serve as a limiter for the adjuster (#17) as it’s completely inside part 36. I really like the floating orifice and this external adjustment.

When are you diving it?

Attachments

• SR1 2ND STAGE.pdf
    526.8 KB · Views: 82
  • SR1 1ST STAGE.pdf
    607.6 KB · Views: 71
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom