tek plate??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello all
I have been diving DR steel back plate and webbing for years, and figured it would be nice to have some modern gear and got the new trans plate and tek butt plate. Got a quick question? I usually sling an either an hp 80 or al 80 with my old set up, (Made a clip with strap and a brass ring off the Backplate) In reading it seems that the tek butt plate was intended for smaller ballout/stage bottles, I assume that the step up will work with the larger bottle too, Any one running this set up......

maybe I should just run a sidemount rig???

It'll work fine for anything. It was designed to assist in slinging AL40's and what not, but there's no reason it won't work with anything. You may want to get some real short bungees and clip them to the backplate to assist in slinging. I prefer my Nomad, especially when diving with stage bottles and doubles but that's just me.

I have buddies that use the Tek plates with great success and love them.

cheers,,, and I am sure that this new system will be wayyyy better then my homemade system,
thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom