New to Scuba Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaticman

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello, I am new to the forum but somewhat of an expert in Nikonos cameras since I have been training new photographers since 1976. Feel free to contact me on any questions regarding these cameras. I have a little teaser just to answer a few questions I've seen so far. Plan your photo dive and dive your photo plan. This works for most U/W conditions and especially for Nikonos cameras. I generally carry at least three Nikonos IIIs with me with one using an extension tube, and two U/W Nikkor 15mm lenses. For the wide angle I preset the lenses to F8 and roughly 1.5 feet to infinity at that setting. I have detachable strobes and usually have enough of a charge for all three cameras. This setup has the advantage of having enough film on any dive and covers most underwater situations. When you use this style, you don't waste time trying to change the camera settings but bring the camera to the subjects. You will not miss opportunities that flash by as well. Nikonos cameras are easy and simple to use and now that they can be found at such low prices, they are worth investing in to get practice to shoot digitally as well.
I shoot digitally on land and I practice U/W photographic techniques on land by looking for owls to photograph. Extremely hard to find, excellent at camouflage and tend to be nocturnal with some species. Try it and you'll be amazed at the practice you can get when you can't be diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom