Leisurepro.com + suunto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemed06

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering if Leisure Pro is an authorized dealer for Suunto?

No, they are definitely NOT an authorized Suunto dealer...

ANything you buy from them that is Suunto, is gray market product, usually from Europe...

That being said, leisurepro sells the Suunto computers, and provides a warranty that is as good than the manuf. what else do you want?

Fine with ne if you want to spend $150 additional to buy from an authorized manuf.

My vyper that I purchased from LP several months back works just as good as those bought from authorized manuf, but I have $150 in my pocket that I wouldn't otherwise have.

Ok .. I`m a bit sick if this - equipment in the LDS that comes with the knowledge and support of the LDS staff not to mention the proper warrenty is not always hunderds of dollars more than Leisure pro

All the Aeris equiment in my LDS is the same price or with 10 - 20 dollars for LP. The Mares equioment is alittle more expensive ... but you are not always talking many hunders of dollars

sealkie once bubbled...
Ok .. I`m a bit sick if this - equipment in the LDS that comes with the knowledge and support of the LDS staff not to mention the proper warrenty is not always hunderds of dollars more than Leisure pro

All the Aeris equiment in my LDS is the same price or with 10 - 20 dollars for LP. The Mares equioment is alittle more expensive ... but you are not always talking many hunders of dollars

I totally agree...Not always...Mine wasn't hundreds less either...But it was approx. $150 less at LP than at *my* LDS.

I suppose if the LDS has a $50 item, LP can't be hundreds less. :)

As the other posts said, LP is not an authorized Suunto dealer. After that fact:
Suunto Cobra at the LDS = about $700 to 800 + compass attachment
Suunto Cobra at LP = about $525 with compass.
Warranty at LP = my Cobra failed and I received a new one within days of them getting my defective one.
Just some facts from my experience with LP
:shades:

Let me ask you online shoppers something:

Would you buy a brand new CAR without a warranty?

Would you buy a brand new Plasma TV without a warranty?

What about a brand new personal computer?

Or a household appliance???

WHy is it that people think that the warranty that they will receive from the manufacturer (the ONLY real warranty) with their new LIFE SUPPORT EQUIPMENT is junk, and not worth anything...

The almighty dollar... thats what this is all about.

Thats what dive equipment is people, LIFE SUPPORT EQUIPMENT...

AND you dont want to buy that from someone who is a professional retailer that knows every aspect of that piece of equipment???

OK, well, anyone that wants a BRAND NEW BMW 7 series, WITHOUT a WARRANTY, PM Me...

The above questions assume no warranty, which does not apply to Leisure Pro.

Folks, please do your research and you'll find that LP is just fine and has a warranty....

--Sean

It's not that the warrenty from the manufacture isn't worth anything, it's just not worth the markup that the LDS gets vs LP.
I've returned defective gear to LP, they sent me a brand new replacement. I can only say good things about their level of service and this customer's satisfaction.
What's different about the life support equipment that you buy from LP vs. the LDS? Same equipment isn't it?

anyone that wants a BRAND NEW BMW 7 series, WITHOUT a WARRANTY
2003 BMW 7 Series 760Li 4dr Sedan
Authorized Dealer $118,980
LP Car Sales $79,000

Maybe because if my $60k BMW or my $4k plasma tv dies, I can't afford to replace it. However, I can afford to replace my $500 computer or my $400 regulator. Moreover, as Gilligan points out, these items aren't without a warranty, only without a manufacturers warranty. Now, while I might not trust the local dealership to eat the cost of a lemon BMW 7, Leisurepro seems more than willing to eat the cost of a computer or regulator. (And, just to forestall this argument, the lack of warranty doesn't diminish the manufacturers' potential liability for producing a defective product.)

Incidentally, I don't have any experience with LP's warranty. I've only bought a few things from them. But I do have experience with Scubastore/DiveInn. A year ago, I bought an Uwatec SmartPro from them. Then came the e-mail from them concerning the recall. It was one week before a trip to Fiji. They promptly agreed to give me a store credit for the full purchase price allowing me to replace the Uwatec with a Suunto Vytec. Of course the Uwatec couldn't have been replaced for at least 30 days and at that point I had soured on it anyway.

I don't have anything against any LDS. Most of my gear purchases have been from various LDS. However, my unmitigated--and unconsidered--loyalty to my heretofore favorite LDS died when I realized that they were attempting to charge me twice as much for a new bc for my son as another LDS near me--and $200 more for a Scubapro MK25/S600 (which came with factory warranty) than DiveInn.

The almighty dollar? Yes, dollars I can use for actually diving.

Incidentally, I don't have either a BMW7 or a plasma tv, so if anyone wants to give me one, either with or without a warranty, I'll take it. The 3 year warranty on my car and the 1 year warranty on my tv have already run, so I pay for the repairs myself.

Back
Top Bottom