Suggestions for diving in Fort Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChiTC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in Ft Lauderdale in mid May of 2011 for my brother's wedding and was considering catching a few dives while I am there. We will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-six.

1) Can you suggest any operators running smaller boats? I understand that most operators will probably be using larger 30-40 person boats, but I would love to dive with a smaller group.

2) Boat \ group size aside, could you suggest an operator that you have had good experiences with?

Thank You for any help you can give me!

BTW, I am PADI certified Advanced Open Water with Nitrox. I have been diving for almost 13 years and have roughly 200 dives.

Well, the 30 passenger boats don't typically have anywhere near 30 passengers most of the time thanks to the economy.

Directly at your hotel, the American Dream 2 is docked. their website is ScubaFortLauderdale.com - Home of the American Dream II While they have a larger boat, their convenience factor will be pretty high for you :)

If absolutely want to dive with a six-pack operation, there are three good ones in Pompano Beach just 20 minutes north.
http://www.aviddivercharters.com/
Welcome to Miss Conduct Dive Charters
Welcome

Thank You deep!! I will check them out.

Well, the 30 passenger boats don't typically have anywhere near 30 passengers most of the time thanks to the economy.

Directly at your hotel, the American Dream 2 is docked. their website is ScubaFortLauderdale.com - Home of the American Dream II While they have a larger boat, their convenience factor will be pretty high for you :)

If absolutely want to dive with a six-pack operation, there are three good ones in Pompano Beach just 20 minutes north.
http://www.aviddivercharters.com/
Welcome to Miss Conduct Dive Charters
Welcome
+1 for American Dream. I've dove with them a couple of times while visiting there, too. They've gone out with as little as 4 people on the boat. Not to mention, you will be able to walk from your room right to the boat :) There is one other op I hear mentioned frequently here and that's SeaXP. They're just down the street.

Inbetween charters don't for get about the Lauderdale by the sea shore dives. Lame but still nice to get wet.

Inbetween charters don't for get about the Lauderdale by the sea shore dives. Lame but still nice to get wet.

I will be in LBTS at the end of March and would be very interested in knowing more about the shore dive sites.

Last edited:
I will be in LBTS at the end of March and would be very interested in knowing more about the shore dive sites.

Rich, to the north is pompano and they shore dive from around 8th street down to
12th street. To your south and south of fort lauderdale is hollywood and dania beach,
there are some good shore dives there as well. I think the reef is closest to shore at
LBTS and next closest probably dania beach and then pompano with the reef out a bit
further. The hollywood dive not only has the reef but also some artificial structures that
are pretty cool, big rock piles stuff like that.

Does anyone have information about the Copenhagen wreck? Can it be done as a beach dive?

check out this thread...LTBS shore diving

Also check out my blog Danielle's Dives

we love diving there and plan to be down in a few weeks. Water is warming up and I am hearing around 75 degrees now. Can't wait!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom