Cheap Hotel/Motel on Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver10021

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone recommend a cheap place to say on Key West.

Doing a trip through the keys with a buddy and maybe his wife, itinerary calls for one night on Key West.

Just looking for a place to sleep no need for any amenities…just cheap.

Thanks

I think thats a oxymoron

You'll need to define cheap. The KOA on Sugerloaf Key (nearby) rents trailers for $140 a night in July and $130 a night in September. Heck, if I recall, I think a tent pad (bringing your own tent) was about $65 per night. That sort of price for camping should put Key West accommodations costs into perspective

I stayed on Key West at the Cocoanut Mallory condo for $170 a night a month ago: it was the cheapest place I found without pitching a tent, renting a trailer or taking my chance at the Lexington (a de-flagged holiday inn that got terrible on-line reviews but rented for $130 a night).

Maybe there are places other SB'ers have found places that are cheap, but I have not. You might consider calling a scuba shop like Subtropic and get some advice or see if they have a package deal.

I know the lower Keys pretty darn well. Cheap is not a word I say fits very well. At all. However. I never cease to be amazed and pleased with what will shake loose when I use Hotwire to book a "mystery" room. 9AM of the same day you are going to need to snag the room seems to be the magic hour. It appears that is the "last bite at the apple hour" hotels have for dumping unbooked rooms - 9AM of the same day. If there are deals, they will be snagged within a few minutes. doesn't hurt to already be looking, but the real deals are the morning of the same day. So if you are looking between 8 and 9, don't despair. things change right after 9AM, so be waiting. good luck. Key West is really just a town full of drunks and the gay culture after 10PM, at least Duvall Street. It is so very different from the 1970's, and none of 'em have been good (yeah, I know, I'm older than dirt). After I am elected President I am going to give Key West to Cuba, if they will take it. Marathon is my favorite, and within driving distance for an evening in Key West. Big Pine Key Fishing Lodge has rooms at a decent price, and campsites, and is only 30 minutes or so from Key West. You will see tons of Key deer, if that is of any interest to you. good luck.

Cheap is not a word I say fits very well. At all. However. I never cease to be amazed and pleased with what will shake loose when I use Hotwire to book a "mystery" room. 9AM of the same day you are going to need to snag the room seems to be the magic hour.

This I did not know. However, I think your luck with this method may depend on the day you are trying to do it. Some days, the hotels are booked solid, so if you definitely need a room, waiting until the last minute may not work out. However, the alternative may be just driving up the Keys a ways.

After I am elected President I am going to give Key West to Cuba

As I recall we already seceded once and we can do it again, if you are elected President.

--

Bud

Can anyone recommend a cheap place to say on Key West.

Doing a trip through the keys with a buddy and maybe his wife, itinerary calls for one night on Key West.

Just looking for a place to sleep no need for any amenities…just cheap.

Thanks

Any chance any of you have a military affiliation? Retired, Reserve, NG, active?

Naval Air Station Key West, FL

$55 / night, or $70 if a suite is available.

Any chance any of you have a military affiliation? Retired, Reserve, NG, active?

$55 / night, or $70 if a suite is available.[/QUOE]

iv'e stayed there and it's the best bargain in key west. by the way a current or retired federal employee also meet requirements(althought federal employees are @ the bottom of the pecking order when rooms are allocated),,,,,

reefman
key largo

$55 / night, or $70 if a suite is available.[/QUOE]

iv'e stayed there and it's the best bargain in key west. by the way a current or retired federal employee also meet requirements(althought federal employees are @ the bottom of the pecking order when rooms are allocated),,,,,

reefman
key largo

Yikes . . . I forgot DoD civilians . . . and I are one! :blush:

However, once you make a reservation, you cannot be bumped. :)

El Patio Motel - Usually around $90 / night with free parking, which most don't offer. No internet last time I was there.

Just beyond walking distance to Duval, but quiet location.

El Patio Motel,A Key West,Florida motel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom