Accident at Dutch Springs 9/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwilding

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was at Dutch Springs for a course all weekend including a night dive on Saturday. When we got out of the water, someone asked "can anyone help - we have a diver missing?" They eventually found her, but we heard on Sunday that she did not make it.

We were never able to get any details, but all of the local fire and ambulances and fire trucks showed up very quickly and the staff responded right away - just apparently not in time to save the diver... :(

Did I read that right? People were hurt searching for the missing diver?

My condolences to the family and friends of this young lady. That is way too young to die.
This incident raises a long list on unanswered questions.
Dive Safe,
Larry

daylight once bubbled...

This incident raises a long list on unanswered questions.
Dive Safe,
Larry

As most do

I send my condolences to her friends and family.

Just last weekend I did my AOW at Dutch Springs and did my 1st night dive there on Saturday Night. I just hope her friends if they were injured are able to make quick and full recoveries.

TTSkipper

I am very sad to hear this. Everytime I hear of a diving accident I feel terrible pain because I know that it did not need to happen. I myself am a 21-year old diver and yes, it is definitely to young to die. My condolences to her family and to those who risked their lives to find their missing comrad. As far as I know that makes two divers this month on the east coast. One out of Fort Myers, FL and one now from NJ. May they rest in peace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom