FLL mid week night dive recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So apparently I won't be able to dive BHB on my next trip to FL, which I was very much hoping for but will have to put off unless a shop is sponsoring a mid-week night dive there. As such I am now looking for recommendations for a night dive or two within an hour or so of Fort Lauderdale. I will be working until about 5 pm, I suspect and will then have to fight whatever traffic there is to get to the dive site. This will be mid June.

I'd prefer shallower dives as I still suck air at a reasonable rate. I dive air (no mixed gasses for me) and will be renting tanks so I expect an AL80 which gives me about 45-50 minutes at 40-60 feet depending upon water temps. Probably a little less considering I only have one night dive under my belt and that was a "sit here and watch" type of situation.
Current is less of an issue for me, but I'm not looking for an "advanced" current dive by any stretch of the imagination. I've considered dives at Jupiter, as an example of probably the outside limit of my daring at this point. (My dive count is accurate in my profile.)
I have an SMB but I'm not experienced with it (see dive count).
Prefer reefs to wrecks, salt to fresh but open to just about anything except caves, "deep" beyond 85 or 90 fsw, or wreck penetration.

Looking for dive buddies and/or recommendations of shops that I can rent a buddy from and grab tanks as well as dive location recommendations.

Lauderdale by the Sea is a good beach dive that's about as easy as it gets-except for parking

Fill Express -- The Best Shore Dive in Florida

It's close to fort lauderdale and at that time of year it doesn't get dark until 7-7:30

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom