Lauderdale by the sea June 11th and 12th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlscozz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A few of us are driving from Fort Myers to LBTS Friday night and plan on doing 4-6 beach dives over sat and sun. I have been looking at all the sites listed for LBTS but would like to meet up with some local divers to make sure we have the best and safest areas. We will be in the area or Datura Ave on Sat and may just do all the dives in that area. Hope to see some of you this weekend.

Right now the forecasts are showing really nice conditions for weekend diving at Datura. I'm pretty sure the Gold Coast Scuba meetup group has dives scheduled there on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and a beach dive on the Copenhagen wreck followed by a birthday party for one of the group - also on Sunday. Check their site at:Gold Coast Scuba Divers (954) 616-5909 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup

Enjoy your weekend.

Thanks for the info. I went to the site and looks like very good info. We are planning to meet up with a couple of the groups over the weekend. Hope it's ok if we just show up???

I'd contact the Gold Coast folks ahead of time, just so they know you're coming and will watch for you at the beach (it can get a bit crowded there on weekends when the diving conditions are nice). The membership fee is free for the first two weeks' trial, so there's no downside for you to join the group.

The party dive is RSVP because they've made reservations and special parking arrangements at the dive site (a restaurant a couple of miles north of Datura Ave.)

Have fun, hope the conditions improve for you this weekend.

Post updates I am planning to come there June 24thish -- I just have to find a place which will let me bring my little furry buddy..

Eric, you know I have a couch... :) yes, pup is more than welcome!

Planned to drive home to Savannah this morning, but checked the LBTS webcam. Looked promising, so I drove down from BHB Blvd., found a parking spot, pumped in 3.5 hours worth of quarters, carted my tank up to the shower area, and saw a gaggle of divers commiserating on the beach. Inquired about the viz on their dive and was told 3-4 ft. Rats. Made somebody's day with my abandoned parking spot. . .

Oh, well. Gave me some time to futz around with some pics from there a couple of weeks ago.

Kevin

Right now the forecasts are showing really nice conditions for weekend diving at Datura. I'm pretty sure the Gold Coast Scuba meetup group has dives scheduled there on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and a beach dive on the Copenhagen wreck followed by a birthday party for one of the group - also on Sunday. Check their site at:Gold Coast Scuba Divers (954) 616-5909 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup

Enjoy your weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_1844wa.jpg
    IMG_1844wa.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1961wa.jpg
    IMG_1961wa.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2030wa.jpg
    IMG_2030wa.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1920wa.jpg
    IMG_1920wa.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2063wa.jpg
    IMG_2063wa.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1828wa.jpg
    IMG_1828wa.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2295wa.jpg
    IMG_2295wa.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 31
Considering that it's been blowing for 3 weeks +, 3-4 ft vis ain't bad!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom