Hotel on the Beach near Boynton Beach with shopping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwatts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi folks! I'm trying to plan a weekend trip soon and I will hopefully book with Kevin at Underwater Explorers. My daughter and one of her friends will come with me. They are non-divers so they want to be right on a beach with shopping within walking distance (they'll shop will I'm diving).

So I looked around a bit and it looks like Delray Beach or Lake Worth might be good. I don't know what the beaches are like in Boynton beach itself.

Can any of you locals (or frequent visitors) recommend a place on a beach and with shopping within walking distance? I'll have my car so I'll drive to Kevin's boat.

Thanks.

Having a serious shopping venue within walking distance within walking distance of a beachfront hotel is going to be difficult.
Kevin can hook you up with a package at this really nice beachfront hotel called Wright by the Sea.
Wright by the Sea Recreation and Shopping options

You want delray Lake worth is to far from boynton and the shopping is all antique stores and Sad excuses for boutiques. if your daughter is under 35 go delray. The area is young and hip with good night life and some of the best food in palm beach county. Sadly no good sushie but thats a diffrent story. There is a hotel on the corner of A1A & ocean avenue that is very well run.

http://marriottdelraybeach.com/

The area is not cheap but then again excellence is never cheap. Also its not too far from the boca mall.

You want delray Lake worth is to far from boynton and the shopping is all antique stores and Sad excuses for boutiques. if your daughter is under 35 go delray. The area is young and hip with good night life and some of the best food in palm beach county. Sadly no good sushie but thats a diffrent story. There is a hotel on the corner of A1A & ocean avenue that is very well run.

Marriott Delray Beach Florida Hotel

The area is not cheap but then again excellence is never cheap. Also its not too far from the boca mall.

Pretty much seconding what he said. Nothing against Lake Worth and there's a few spots that don't seem bad but.. it could be better. Boynton Beach is nicer away from the water than near the water when it comes to shopping and whatnot. Delray fits the tourist type scenario with the boardwalk and everything leading right down to the water.

I haven't been here long but I've done some explorin'.

:wink:
Hi folks! I'm trying to plan a weekend trip soon and I will hopefully book with Kevin at Underwater Explorers. My daughter and one of her friends will come with me. They are non-divers so they want to be right on a beach with shopping within walking distance (they'll shop will I'm diving).

So I looked around a bit and it looks like Delray Beach or Lake Worth might be good. I don't know what the beaches are like in Boynton beach itself.

Can any of you locals (or frequent visitors) recommend a place on a beach and with shopping within walking distance? I'll have my car so I'll drive to Kevin's boat.

Thanks.

Perfect solution for you should be the Delray Beach Marriott, which is right at the beach, and also at the foot of Atlantic Ave ( The Entertainment District)..Kevin should have mentioned to you this hotel has special dive rates. Use this to ge the special rates for divers, or to find out more... South Florida Dive Journal > Delray Beach Marriott and make sure to tell Kevin he should have told you about this $$%^##@!! :)

Thanks guys. It now looks like my trip has been moved to July...but it's definitely going to happen then! I'll look at the Marriott as well as Wright By The Sea.

I also highly recommend the Marriott Delray. Delray has awesome dining (quite a bit of outside seating) and a really nice white sand beach. Delray does not have hotels on the beach .... the hotels are across the street from the beach and have a beach/ocean view.

Delray does not have hotels on the beach .... the hotels are across the street from the beach and have a beach/ocean view.

This is simply incorrect. Wright by the Sea is in Delray Beach and is *on* the beach, not on the other side of A1A: Google Maps

That being said, the Marriott is not oceanfront but it's still a nice place to stay.

This is simply incorrect. Wright by the Sea is in Delray Beach and is *on* the beach, not on the other side of A1A: Google Maps

That being said, the Marriott is not oceanfront but it's still a nice place to stay.

Rather than argueing or wondering, just click on this link and SEE the hotel and the position by the ocean :) South Florida Dive Journal > Delray Beach Marriott

No argument Dan, as I stated, even though the Marriott is on the other side of A1A, it's a nice place to stay (just like Wight by the Sea is).

The OP is planning to dive with UW Explorer (Kevin) and Kevin does diving/lodging packages with Wright by the Sea.
Wright by the Sea also lists UW Explorer on their recreation acitivities page (the *only* dive charter they list).

My original answer was tailored specifically to the OP's query.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom