Halcyon Infinity A+++

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bogie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know Halcyon products are considered expensive.

It is not what it costs but what it's worth.

I dove with a Zeagle Ranger for many dives. It is an excellent back inflate BCD.

I put off the BP/W configuration choice because they look uncomfortable because of the
steel or aluminum BP.

I made the jump to BP/W over 100 dives ago. I chose the Halcyon Infinity because it had all the features that I needed. I compared it to many but if you add up all the extras I got with the Halcyon Infinity it was not more expensive and did not have a key feature (cinch quick adjust).

The Halcyon Infinity I purchased has pads, weight pouches, weighted insert, cinch system.

I don't like weight belts, so I have a stainless steel back plate (6lbs)with insert for (6lbs) and weight pouches for more weight, so no weight belt. I know purist like weight belts.

It has shoulder and back pads so it is comfortable. I know purist BP/W people don't like this but the pads are better for my back and shoulders.

It has the cinch system that allows me to don and take off the BP/W easily.

I recently used my Zeagle Ranger in a Dive Master class. Whoa! what a difference. The BP/W is 100% better. The BP/W becomes part of your body and makes diving easier and is incredibly maneuverable. There is no comparison. The BP/W is superior by a huge margin.

Conclusion on the Halcyon Infinity

Cost. Worth every penny. Best value for my money.

Features: No other company has all these features.

Ease of donning and doffing. The "Cinch System" makes easy to get into and out of.

Balance and fit: Fits like a glove, balanced, awesome.

Donut wing: simple, inflate/deflate quick and efficient.

Quality: Excellent. It is tuff, durable, and rock solid.

The Halcyon Infinity was worth every penny, fits great, comfortable, easy in/out, quality.

I am 150% satisfied with this purchase.

Note: I paid full price and have no connection to Halcyon.

I sure like my Infinity.

I just wish that Halcyon would release a wing with some nice high-viz neon yellow or neon green. They have wings that have yellow stripes, but those are only for rental units.

Once you own Halcyon products its difficult to buy something else. All you need now is a big H tattoo .... branded for life!!

I am surprised 20 people who have never even touched one or seen one in person haven't filled this thread with all kinds of "its not worth it" replies.

I bought the pink Infinity for my gf and she thinks it's fantastic. I am now trying to justify buying one for myself!

I bought the pink Infinity for my gf and she thinks it's fantastic. I am now trying to justify buying one for myself!

Real men don't need justification for buying themselves a pink BCD. :D

Real men don't need justification for buying themselves a pink BCD. :D

Hell, if she weren't half my size, i would dive hers when she's not looking, but we had to cut off about 3' of webbing! I'm not scared of no pink! The justification isn't the color...it's the fact that I already have a few wings and such :D

Although, I could use her pink AL80 tanks as deco cylinders or double them up ... hmmm :cool2:

The justification isn't the color...it's the fact that I already have a few wings and such :D

I know, I just couldn't resist replying with the way you worded that. :rofl3:

I know Halcyon products are considered expensive.

It is not what it costs but what it's worth.

I dove with a Zeagle Ranger for many dives. It is an excellent back inflate BCD.

I put off the BP/W configuration choice because they look uncomfortable because of the
steel or aluminum BP.

I made the jump to BP/W over 100 dives ago. I chose the Halcyon Infinity because it had all the features that I needed. I compared it to many but if you add up all the extras I got with the Halcyon Infinity it was not more expensive and did not have a key feature (cinch quick adjust).

The Halcyon Infinity I purchased has pads, weight pouches, weighted insert, cinch system.

I don't like weight belts, so I have a stainless steel back plate (6lbs)with insert for (6lbs) and weight pouches for more weight, so no weight belt. I know purist like weight belts.

It has shoulder and back pads so it is comfortable. I know purist BP/W people don't like this but the pads are better for my back and shoulders.

It has the cinch system that allows me to don and take off the BP/W easily.

I recently used my Zeagle Ranger in a Dive Master class. Whoa! what a difference. The BP/W is 100% better. The BP/W becomes part of your body and makes diving easier and is incredibly maneuverable. There is no comparison. The BP/W is superior by a huge margin.

Conclusion on the Halcyon Infinity

Cost. Worth every penny. Best value for my money.

Features: No other company has all these features.

Ease of donning and doffing. The "Cinch System" makes easy to get into and out of.

Balance and fit: Fits like a glove, balanced, awesome.

Donut wing: simple, inflate/deflate quick and efficient.

Quality: Excellent. It is tuff, durable, and rock solid.

The Halcyon Infinity was worth every penny, fits great, comfortable, easy in/out, quality.

I am 150% satisfied with this purchase.

Note: I paid full price and have no connection to Halcyon.

Curious, how tall are you?

I am surprised 20 people who have never even touched one or seen one in person haven't filled this thread with all kinds of "its not worth it" replies.

You bought her an Infinty, I think that is more than enought justification to get yourself something!!!!

Back
Top Bottom