Displeased With DAN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekk Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone ever been displeased with their DAN Membership or Insurance? If so, for what reasons?

Just thinking about upgrading..
Wanting to hear real world experiences with DAN.. ya know.. typical stuff.

My experiences with DAN have been great. I called them once on a strange malady that struck me after a dive trip. I was on the phone for about an hour with a medical guy. He never asked me if I was a DAN member until just befiore I hung up.

Joe

I have their higher coverage for myself and the middle coverage for my son. I never heard a complaint about them, and anything I have heard has been good. As far as price verse coverage, honestly I never did a comparison with the other companies, but if you look at the Oct 2002 issue of SCUBA Diving magazine, they did an insurance comparison.

Stay well and dive safe

Bill:) :)

Can't say I have ever had a bad experience with them , or know of anyone right offhand I have the master Plan .
They have been real good about answering any questions I have ever had medical wise and have there insurance plan too for my equipment and dive camera !!!!!!!!!!!

If you click on the link below it will bring you to the DAN Insurance Coverage page which you have several other links. If you click the fist link, Compare DAN's Dive Accident Insurance Plans, it will bring you to the comparision of their 3 plans which cost
$25 for the Standard Plan
$35 for the Master Plan
$70 for the Perferred Plan

They also have explainations and term insurance on that first page.

DAn Insurance

Hope that helps

Bill

As far as i can tell. I call for information from time to time - medical questions or travel advisories, and they've always been great. Never ask if I'm a member until the end of the chat.

I guess it's good that there are alternative places for insurance, but - if I bought insurance somewhere else, I'd still be a DAN member, to support the orgainization and get the magazine. I had some doubts a year ago, but they retired the founding administrator I objected to...

don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom