Bordeaux region diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Air Head

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm off to Jurignac on Friday in the bordeaux region of France, and am looking to spend a day (Or two if i can get away with it) diving. I want to take my kit, but want to make sure theres a site nearby before loading the pickup.

Does anyone have any experiences in this area?

Im only OWD so wanted to avoid the 30m wrech outside Bordeaux, either way i need to make contact with a guide and shop for air.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bordeaux is not the best choise for scuba diving !!!

But it is a great place for caves : go to visit and test the wine :cheers:

Sorry I didn't see your request last month. If you are back in the future: The Bassin d'Arcachon can be fun. Plenty or wrecks, WWII Block Houses (They sunk with the shifting sand) and sea horses (if you are lucky).

I know, I'm late.

Bordeaux is not the best choise for scuba diving !!!

No. There are some amazing dives in Arcachon, wrecks (deeper than rec diving), the Blockhaus / Blocks Houses ( it can be a small overhead diving), Hortense ( a Go / return drift diving).
But it is a great place for caves : go to visit and test the wine :cheers:
Try also the Lillé (pre-lunch drink made with Bordeaux wines), or the canelés (cookies).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom