Mask wont seal good around my face

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miassmaro98

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,i really like to snorkel a lot in the florida keys,but all the mask ive tried i have trouble with them leaking around the bottom of my nose upper mouth area.advice?should i shave my mustache?

If you're putting your snorkel between your head and mask strap that'll cause a leak...Use a snorkel strap....Have you tried tightening/loosening the mask strap ????...Some people wear their masks too tight.....Good mask should seal well just breathing in thru your nose....I have a mustache and use a Sherwood Oracle, Titan and Atomic frameless...All three fit well and don't leak.....Sherwood doesn't make the Titan any more but does the Oracle...They're about the largest masks on the market that I know of........

thanks, yes snorkel does have a strap.but my mask wont stay on my face by just breathing,its a 50 dollar tusa combo.would check out the brands and models you posted,quick question are
frameless better?

I use a Mares Liquidskin with great results. I have a stache and found it also helps when it's trimmed a little.

Also experiment with where you place the strap on the back of your head. The angle of pull makes a difference. It may be that you just don't have the right mask. Some can wear anything. others is 1 in 20.

Pete

I had a small leak on my first mask . I dove with it for 2 years and I got real good at clearing my mask. I to have a mustach. I trim it down an 1/8 to 1/4 below my noes to get a better seal . a month ago I tried a oms mask and I love it I have not had a single leak in 8 dives. I have eaven forgotten a couple time of not shaving, and no leak. The OMS mask has an added ridge of mask skirt that helps seal. . Just keep tring them on to find that ONE that fits . Allso see if your LDS will let you dive one that you think will work befor you buy it . most of the shops I go to will do this for me good luck

Back
Top Bottom