dania eurojacks parking question ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idive2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am considering a dania eurojacks dive later this week and had a question on
parking. I checked google maps and see the main parking area near the pier.
I also see what appears to be a road of some sort continuing north up towards
the direction of the eurojacks. Is this possibly a service road or something for
beach maintenance vehicles ? I did also see a small structure of some sort a bit
farther up near this access road but it did not look as if there was any parking.
Is the main parking near the pier as close as you can get and legally park for
the eurojacks ? Also there was mention of some type of sign near the dive location,
just wondering if that is still there ? Thanks for any extra info anyone may offer.

If you go any further north of the pier you will be in John U Loyd State Park. That is probably what you are referring to as the service road. The only time I have gotten to the jacks was from parking by the pier, I am not sure if there is good parking for the jacks at the state park. We found the jacks by accident actually walked in north of the pier swam out a little and continued heading north, ran right into em no knowing they were there (thought it was the coolest thing ever to find till I came home later that day and looked it up lol) They seem to be aligned with the big oil rig towers in the distance if you are on the surface.

I think you are refering to the dirt path from the grass parking area just inside John Loyd park to the beach.
It's a couple hundred yard walk South to the Jacks.
You can see both the path and the Jacks here. The pier is just further South.

john loyd park fl - Google Maps

Thanks for the info. I guess I don't mind a little walk to get up that way. A lot would depend on current as to
whether I would walk or catch a possible current running north and walk back after seeing the jacks. I have a state park
annual permit not sure if John Loyd is a state park or not ? It would be great to find a spot in the park that I could
park the car at and shorten the distance to the dive site. Thanks again for the comments.

I normally park the N.E. Corner of the parking lot at Dania Beach and hike North up the beach to the erojack that is on the beach and enter swim east :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom