Aquarium Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

silentscope12

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone know a good website that has a list of aquariums that allow diving? At the moment I am having a hard time finding good dive sites at aquariums near by (North Carolina). Specifically ones that allow diving outside of a cage. Thanks in advance!

That sounds cool. I never knew aquariums allowed non-employee scuba divers to dive in the aquarium. It seems like too much of a risk. If a diver has buoyancy problems, he/she could kill a lot of wildlife, some endangered. Maybe it only occurs in special pools with common and durable wildlife.

A long ways from you but the Denver one does. It's handled through A-1 Scuba in Denver.

The Disney aquarium in Epcot is 150$ per person, one tank.
Lasts a minimum of 4 hours.

They give you a backstage tour, a safety check that you know your stuff. Padi OW minimum cert.

Bonus, you get to interact with the guests on the other side of the glass.

Minus, you *cannot* use your own gear, not even your own mask.

The Disney aquarium in Epcot is 150$ per person, one tank.
Lasts a minimum of 4 hours.

They give you a backstage tour, a safety check that you know your stuff. Padi OW minimum cert.

Bonus, you get to interact with the guests on the other side of the glass.

Minus, you *cannot* use your own gear, not even your own mask.

Wow, have to use their gear?

What lasts a minimum of four hours? the tank? Thats quite a promise

I feel as though making divers use their gear would open them up to liability (despite people signing waivers) because any gear malfunctions could be negligence, or something. But i'm not a law student, so I don't really know.

The "tour" including the one air tank, four hours. You even have to wear the wetsuit they give you.
Probably due to possible contamination.

Remember, you're never below 30', a full tank lasts a looooooong time.

Wow, have to use their gear?

What lasts a minimum of four hours? the tank? Thats quite a promise

I feel as though making divers use their gear would open them up to liability (despite people signing waivers) because any gear malfunctions could be negligence, or something. But i'm not a law student, so I don't really know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom