Datamask and prescription lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmoore19

Denizen of the PUB
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there anybody that knows if or where it might be possible to get a prescription lens for a Datamask? I don't know if it can be done or not.

Contact Prescriptiondivemasks.com in CA....They do alot of work for the different brands and individuls...If any one would know or could do it they would........

Contact Prescriptiondivemasks.com in CA....They do alot of work for the different brands and individuls...If any one would know or could do it they would........

Thanks, I will look at it and see if they can do it.

I believe you can also get it done through Oceanic. Or atleast I believe that's where the person I bought a Used one from had it done. I had to send the Mask back to oceanic for new glass as I didn't use glass's

I posted it here in the Oceanic thread because I thought Oceanic might lead me in the right direction. I have an email off to the place that @j2s suggested. I would check on other suggestions as well. I have a pretty strange prescription so will be curious what comes up. Thanks everyone.

We have the HUD mask and have scripts in them. I believe that the lenses were sent to someone other than Oceanic to be made. Fyi, if you need bifocals there is a "workaround" for that. Previously I had a full prescription mask - and that was great for seeing things that were a distance away, but I had a really hard time reading my guages (backup Gekko now). When they made the prescription lenses for mine they left a spot with NO prescription at all on the bottom of the left lens only. The distance that I hold my wrist away from my face is about reading distance for me (without my readers) and I'm looking at my left wrist so it works out fine. I'm still amazed with the clarity of the digits on the HUD - without any glasses or lenses they are crystal clear. I love my HUD.

Here's the best source I know:

1-800-567-5339
Prescription Dive Masks

That's Leonard Maggiore, the guy who invented prescription masks

Back
Top Bottom