Hollis ATS question: mystery pocket and strap (pics included)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RubberDucky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi folks,

I've just bought my first ever BCD - a new Hollis ATS. There are 2 items on it that I'm not familiar with. Pics of these items are below.

One is the pocket on the waistband. It's about the size of a cassette tape. It's attached to velcro, and the velcro can be found on the opposite side as well, beside the other integrated weight pocket. I am guessing this is simply an additional weight pocket, given its intended proximity to the other weight pockets. I'm just curious if that's its intended use, or if it's meant for something else in particular, or anything in general (cell phone, cigarettes, fish food, etc).

The second item is a strap on the back of the BCD, located above the tank strap. I've taken 2 pictures of it. It's the one that I'm holding in both pics. This one really has me scratching my head. (edit: perhaps it goes around the tank valve, to secure the tank in place even better?)

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

pocket.jpgstrap.jpgstrap2.jpg

Thanks man, that covers it! I stuck one of these (mirror) in the mini pocket, fits perfectly.

Someone I talked to at my local LDS yesterday said the top strap (or "stay strap", as the dude in the simplyscuba video calls it) can also be used to help measure tank height when it's being put on. From the video it sounds like another way to help secure the tank to the BC.

I can't wait to test it out. Come on May!

The top strap just lets you hang the BCD from the tank valve while you're securing the tank strap, instead of having to hold it up. It's not actually securing anything. By adjusting its length, you can vary the position of the tank in relation to the BCD and it will be in that same spot every time.

Back
Top Bottom