Do you log your freedives? If so how?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orsk

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm sitting here at work reading the board, and the question popped into my head.

Does anyone out there log their freedives like some do for their scuba?
If you do, how do you log them? List? Book(like scuba)? Computer? etc.
Do you log total time in the water, or each decent individually?
What types of things do you log? (exposure suit, time, conditions, weight, depth, etc.)

I'm really just wondering what others are doing. I'm pretty religious about loging my scuba stuff, but that is mostly required documentation for insurance and PADI.

Anything ya'll use will give me ideas about loging my own, or creating a system.

Suunto and Aeris make free diving computers that log your dives, time, surface interval. There are others but I'm not sure the brands.
I have one of each but I mainly use them to time my surface intervals. My buddy kept track of his dives with his Suunto D4. I'm sure you can load that into your desk top.

I've got a D6 that has a setting for freediving, and I do use that to look at my profiles. Is your computer the only way you keep track of how many dives you have done?

Same here. I think it is called OceanLog for Oceanic Geo. I then add anything I think interesting or relevant if I remember. I use to log some info in a log book which I still have in my kit, but have not used in several years.

Weight may be good if diving NorCal and SoCal. I always carry extra weight on my board or kayak if I see something at shallow depths anyway.

I tend more for what I caught or saw and other area info in case I was interested in returning.

Attaching pictures to log would be cool.

I've got a D6 that has a setting for freediving, and I do use that to look at my profiles. Is your computer the only way you keep track of how many dives you have done?

Yes. I never counted my dives before I got a computer. The Aeris displays it continually. I had to push buttons to find that info on the Suunto. I'm not real technically competent with this stuff. As I mentioned, I'm more concerned with my surface intervals when free diving.
We used to just guess at the depth of places where we hunted fish....and retrieved stuck anchors. So we both got computers. Amazing how "70" feet was only about 55 or so. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom