Weight Harness and BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I am considering changing to a weight harness. I would like to know if the harness would interfere with the hogarithan system BP/W? Should the harness be worn with the shoulder strap of the BP/W sitting on top?

Does anyone have a picture showing how the harness is worn with the BP/W? Thank you.

h

I tried the DUI Weight @ Trim harness on several dives with dry suits at one of the DUI days events. At the time I was diving a Zeagle Express Tech, which basicly a BP/W system. It seemed to work fine. I had to set it up so that the weight pouches were down on my hips so that they weren't in the waist of the waist strap. With the dUI system you put the weight harness on first then the BP/W harness.

I ordered one the othere day because I got an SS BP and needed a better weight system because I hate weight belts

I do the same thing as Claymore, DUI harness under my bp/w. It is so much better since I went dry and needed wxtra weight, that and I always hated wieght belts.

I bought a used classic harness from here on the forums that was nice enough to be new for cheaper than new.

although I do not use a hogarthian harness, I do use a DUI Weight & Trim Harness under by DSS plate and DR Transplate Harness. Weight goes on first, and is worn low on my hips, below the waist belt. I do split weight, and carry around 10# up on my upper tank band, so I only have 10-12# on my hips in the harness(the plate is 6#). It works very nicely for balance for me. I went for a harness because I have no hips to successfuly hold a weight belt, unless it was up almost under my ribs.

Can I ask how much lead do you use? What is your current or desired set up? Drysuit?

Back
Top Bottom