Bali with beach and good diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all

I was going to grab a quick cheap diving trip to Tulamben but now my partner would like to come along, providing she can get a sand beach to snorkel and lay on with a book.

Any suggestions?

The obvious answer would be a trip to Lombok (almost Bali) and Gili T., Gilia A, and Gili M. but I wasn't terribly impressed by the diving on Gili T.

White sand beaches, yadda yadda.

A more interesting alternative is Pemuteran (but it's a long drive from Denpasar). Black sand beaches, really good drift diving on Menjangan Island (and some really good muck diving nearby too).

If you go North, I'd strongly endorse Adi Assri and Sea Rovers (Sea Rovers because they only put 6 people in a boat max and have the fastest boats) and Adi Assri because you'll get a screaming deal if you bundle diving and your stay.

Regards,

John N

Can she manage with the ocean front and snorkeling without the white sand? Several places in Tulamben can offer that ....

Not much sand in/near Tulamben/Amed . Beaches are all rock

John N

I asked the same question recently. In my research for nice beaches the only ones I found were in Padang Bai and Sanur. Or.... you can do Nusa Lembongan for beach and diving, I think it has some nice beaches and the divings good. Our definition of a nice beach is white sand, beautiful turqoise water, and a beach club. I couldn't find all 3 on one Bali beach :depressed:

White sand near Bali.... go to Lombok. There are sandy beaches at Tulamben, but they are black sand, as are the ones at Pemuteran (where I just stayed at Adi Assri with a screaming deal but did not dive with their on-site op as I preferred an op that puts only 4 on a boat, but in fact had just me or me and my buddy on all 15 dives I did with them). I have some ideas as to a resort and an op for your specific needs on Lombok, but you will have to contact me via PM for that info since I don't name names in the public forum ever (for reasons of appearance of favoritism).

I asked the same question recently. In my research for nice beaches the only ones I found were in Padang Bai and Sanur. Or.... you can do Nusa Lembongan for beach and diving, I think it has some nice beaches and the divings good. Our definition of a nice beach is white sand, beautiful turqoise water, and a beach club. I couldn't find all 3 on one Bali beach :depressed:

You've got several nice beaches in Nusa Lembongan, including 2 with beach clubs (Dream Beach & Sunset Beach), but they are facing the Badung Strait : you can get your feet wet but it's pretty dangerous to swim or snorkel there (big surge + currents).

If staying in Nusa Lembongan, the best option for your partner may be to book a room @ Dream Beach (if you can afford 50 - 100 usd a night), and if she's into snorkeling she could come with you on a diving boat : she could do some snorkeling while you're diving. The best snorkeling + diving spots being Toyapakeh & Mangrove Point. Manta Bay / Crystal Bay being quite busy in summer but still it's doable as a better option - less crowed one - when staying in Lembongan instead of arriving at the same time as everybody when staying in mainland Bali.

Otherwise, you still can book a cheaper accomodation in the north of the island but beaches are used for seaweed farming on the north ...

Thanks guys this info is invaluable to me as I plan next years trip but I collapsed and booked a trip to Fiji (manumancha's? Islands)in September with infinity pool, white beaches, restaurant and very average diving. So I will pay my dues and then my other half will be happy to let me push off to Bali or come with me to somewhere you have suggested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom