Luna does not like multiple CESA's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I did the CESA 6 times today from 28' with students and apparently the Luna does not appreciate it. It is down from the original 4+ hour SI that it was "recommending" according to Uwatec.

I like a computer for time, depth and all the good info needed for students logbook. I just don't like the warnings.
f59ab4e2.jpg

I'm sorry, it sounds like you're filling out your students log books based on YOUR dive profile. That can't be right, can it?

I'm sorry, it sounds like you're filling out your students log books based on YOUR dive profile. That can't be right, can it?

I don't fill out the student's logbook, they do.

I record my own dives in my logbook.

The information I give them is depth, times, temperatures because we are both at the same depth for the same time since I am with the students. They record that information since they are diving tables and don't have a computer during OW. They memorize their pressures and the decent time time as we call it out during our 5 point decent. Just thought I would clarify the thread drift. I'll be in gauge mode today..........

If I recall correctly, the Luna and Sol use a micro bubble model that defaults to the next lower level of conservatism until you've thoroughly irritated it, then it penalizes you in the planning for subsequent dives.

When used with a single nitrox gas in OW and cave diving, I noted it was pretty conservative compared to other dive computers even when set to L0. I've noted that with the trimix upgrade, it's really conservative compared to my Predators running either GFs or VPM-B. In that regard gauge mode is a useful feature on the Luna.

Lol @ dirty dog, how did you get that idea from his post? In the smart track program you can adjust all of the computers alarms as well. I dive a mares tutor, my gf has a Luna and it is a lot more sensitive to various alarms than mine.

I'll be kind and assume the students are looking at max depth from their gauges and not just trust that they followed the same profile as the instructor.

I hope...

Hope springs eternal, but unless the student has a computer, or a depth gauge that records max bottom time and a bottom timer to capture dive time, many students are going to be clueless about both parameters.

In that regard it's important for an instructor to have that ballpark information and it's important for the instructor to turn it into a teaching moment. both so that the diver has greater awareness on subsequent dives.

I did the CESA 6 times today from 28' with students and apparently the Luna does not appreciate it. It is down from the original 4+ hour SI that it was "recommending" according to Uwatec.

I like a computer for time, depth and all the good info needed for students logbook. I just don't like the warnings.
As a generality, my body does not appreciate CESA work with students, either.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom