bcd query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lahroy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Is the knight hawk bcd from scuba pro a good buy? I'm looking for a very streamlined (and durable) bcd and don't need much storage.I want integrated weights and am under the impression that rear inflated bcds are more comfortable. If anyone can give me advice about anything above please help me out.
[ I am considering air2 replacing my octo]

I know a couple of people who dive it with no complaints! Rear inflation will help with comfort and with trim (i.e., being horizontal and neutrally buoyant). If you look at the LeisurePro site (Scubapro Knighthawk BC, Black), there are plenty of reviews and the average is 4.7/5. BUT rear-inflate isn't for everyone. Try it and see.

A couple more discussions on the BCD:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...-seller-offering-scubapro-knighthawk-bcd.html
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...eight-systems/377651-scubapro-knighthawk.html

Many people (more experienced than I) on Scubaboard would suggest a backplate/wing combination instead of a standard BCD for better trim and comfort.

I see you are in Philly, we are worth the trip and have a pool right at our shop so you can Demo Knighthawk vs BP & W or any BC and see for yourself. I will tell you that the Number one BC in our shop is a BP & W. Once people get in the pool and try it, they don't want anything else.

The knight hawk is good but if you want a streamlined bcd then I would recomend going with the Hollis Elite 2 with the S-Series Wing. It is extreamly streamlined and you feel so free in it. The great thing about this bcd is if you ever decided to go to doubles then you have that option. If you are looking for a more traditional back inflate BCD then the Oceanic Excursion 2 is great. It comes with Oceanics 30 day satisfation garentee. So you can dive it as much as you want for 30 days and if you are not 100% satisfied then you can return it for a full refund.
Hollis
Back Plate and Wing Oceanic, Cressi, TUSA, Pelican, Underwater Kinetics, StahlSac, BARE, SeaLife, Sea & Sea, Sea Doo, Syderco, Aqua Lung, Scuba Pro, Atomic, UK Lights, Pelican Boxes, Pelican Lights

Oceanic Excursion 2
Oceanic Oceanic Excursion 2 BCD Buoyancy CompensatorsMasks, Fins, BCD's, Regulators, Computers, Flash Lights, Cases, Boxes, Wet Suits, Dry Suits, Log Books, Cameras, Defog, Slap Straps, DPV, Snorkles, Tanks, Cylinders, Watches, Knives, Hats, Stickers

We also will beat any price you find including on LeisurePro. If you find a price cheeper then give us a call at 281-240-3483 or email tim@sugarlandscuba.com and we will beat the price you see.

---------- Post Merged at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:20 PM ----------

That includes the knight hawk

You also may want to check out the thread on the Zeagle Express Tech. Also the Aqualung travel BC (I forget the name) has gotten some good reviews. If price is your major concern then Leisurepro has an Aeris travel for $179 and its big brother for $199

Is the knight hawk bcd from scuba pro a good buy? I'm looking for a very streamlined (and durable) bcd and don't need much storage.I want integrated weights and am under the impression that rear inflated bcds are more comfortable. If anyone can give me advice about anything above please help me out.
[ I am considering air2 replacing my octo]
Yes, the Scubapro KnightHawk ( KH ) with Air II is an excellent choice. The KH fits your needs - streamlined, little storage and wt. integrated.

The KH is the #1 selling B.C. for Scubapro in the U.S.A.

Yes, the AIR II is a nice replace to get rid of your oct and extra hose.

If you can find one I really like the Aqualung/Seaquest Black Diamond. Can dive doubles on it too with the adapter kit from Aqualung. Has three small pockets, two of which are fold up and you can't really tell are there. THe third is in the middle in the waist strap.

Back
Top Bottom