Affordable Carribean diving with family?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YMichelle

Registered
Reaction score
We are looking for an affordable place to dive with our two teenagers. We would love to rent a condo with a pool on or near the beach and also have fabulous diving! It's so expensive to dive with kids though :) What do you recommend?

Bonaire with an unlimited shore dive package is most cost effective on a per dive basis if planning to do alot of dives..Look into a 2 bedroom unit at Buddy dive Resort. Dive package includes breakfast,unlimited shore dives,free nitrox,rental truck.

I would say Bonaire, also. We rented a house, through houses and condos by owner and that was a great deal.
If you PM me, I may be able to search through my old emails for an old correspondence with the owner, although it was two years ago, so I'm not positive I can find it.

After spending a day searching on line, we are wondering about Roatan. Does anyone have any input on Roatan? How is the diving?

Roatan is a wonderful place for diving. I learned to dive there about 10 years ago and go back at least once a year. It is very affordable compared to other Caribbean locations. Although Roatan is in the Caribbean, since it is part of Honduras it is covered in the Bay Islands subforum off of the Central America forum in Scubaboard. I suggest you post your inquiry there. You can go to Roatan Info - Roatan Hotels, Resorts, Diving, Maps, News, Real Estate, Pictures, Weather, Tours & Chat. for information about the island and lodging.

After spending a day searching on line, we are wondering about Roatan. Does anyone have any input on Roatan? How is the diving?

Akumal Mexico. Two bedroom condo on the beach, literally. 200 yard walk to dive shop. save $$ preparing most meals in the condo, 10 dive packages for $300, with discount for cash. Laid back spot. Good diving- lots of sea turtles, and wonderful people. Check it all out at locogringo.com, who does the booking for LasCasitas condos. Also check out akumaldiveshop.com
DivemasterDennis

Certainly Bonaire offers good diving prices (i.e. virtually free) with all the shore diving there. But accommodation costs are higher than other places in the Caribbean, so you need to weigh one against the other. Cozumel is attractive for the relatively low accommodation costs. You could get a house in town with a pool or a condo oceanfront for a bit more. Diving costs run about $60-85 for two tanks, depending on the op you select.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom